*** Official IOWA STATE VS #2 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

IbSvU

Feb 6, 2012
This. People forgot the circus shot that gave Baylor the lead.

I don't think anyone has forgotten. That was an awful shot and Baylor was extremely lucky it went in. But people probabaly also realize that the quality or lack thereof Lecomte's shot doesn't make Iowa State's final two shots any better. Morris's shots were better looks sure, but still not very good.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Who is settling? I'm a fan. I don't ******* affect the game. You don't.

I assume the players are pissed and disappointed and think they are worthless like you do. I don't have to think that.
Link to where I said this?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Not really. It's still a loss. But the team has put together 3 really good halves of basketball. That's new.

Sorry, but a bunch of dumbass fans that were predicting that we'd lose by 15-20 shouldn't be that upset about a 2 point loss.

We still have zero quality wins. Being upset although rationally discussing the game isn't ok? Are we supposed to be happy?

• Agree
Reactions: socalcy

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Be mad about the finish, but some of your memory is very selective. Hoiberg ran the same crap down the stretch, and these are still Hoiberg's guys. 4/5 seniors should know better in many of these games. I've been fortunate to watch practice a couple times and Prohm can coach. He is extremely smart and can think on his feet. But sometimes, more often than I'd like to see, this kind of crap happens against very big, long defenses.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Prohm upset that officials didn't let them run with 8.2 seconds left. And after they don't allow it, he still rushes things and takes two timeouts home to Ames. Glad Naz and Burton understood the playcall and second option well enough to stand around and be face guarded by Baylor.

I hear NCAA tournament committee lets you trade in 15 timeouts at end of the year for a +1 seed.

All sour grapes aside, we played extremely well when on the run. Defense seemed to show signs of being very good considering size difference. But all that and $1 gets you $1 on Selection Sunday.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
That seems to be the case it looks like the players did not execute the play called.

BU also ran that little 1/2 court trap which disrupted things. The main reason why I wasn't happy the refs stopped the game after Lecomte's jumper. It let Baylor get set defensively and set something special up.

• Agree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Don't mean it as anti Prom but more that Drew anticipated the play that Prohm would call. But it looks like maybe the players didn't execute it.

Self runs the same play too. Players didn't execute. The chop is very effective and can get you an open 3. Fred would have called the exact same thing

• Agree

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Is it me, or did we play better than 95% of you predicted, and CF still complains? Hell of an effort, fell short. Play like that in the next 7 and we'll win every one.
Played a great game against a tough team. Only 5 turnovers to their 14, 10-22 from 3 vs their 3-17 and didn't let them dominate inside.

• Agree

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We had to take a 3 there IMO. If Monte's fadeaway, hand in the face shot even happens to go in, we're in OT where we tend to get blown out on the road against good teams.

When you have a chance to beat #2 on the road in regulation, you HAVE to do it. Do not hope in OT you can get it done.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Can't complain about the coaching in that one. We had no business winning that game the way we matched up against Baylor's size and athleticism. I actually thought our coaching and game plan is what helped us stay in the game and neutralize their strengths against us. Last shot was frustrating, but to me it looked a play was drawn up and one of our guys didn't execute.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron