Men/Women Cheating on Significant Others

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
That isn't at all true. I know a lot of guys who have had plenty of opportunities to cheat and passed on it.

Just wait though... are you still in college? As men get older and have less opportunities they have harder time passing them up becaue they dont know when theyll get another.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Just wait though... are you still in college? As men get older and have less opportunities they have harder time passing them up becaue they dont know when theyll get another.

Grad school.

I get your point, but I don't think 99% of men will cheat just because they have an opportunity.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I'm amazed by the argument that way more men cheat than women. Who are they cheating with ?!? Each other ??? Take men who use hookers out of the equation and it has to be close to equal.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Because we all need an opportunity? If you are cheating there is something wrong with your marriage to begin with. If you absolutely cant work it out, get a divorce. If you cheat and she finds out (someday she proabably will) you will never get back that trust you had and your life will be more miserable anyway should she stay with you.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street

Less opportunities to do what, ruin their family? I'm pretty sure men have all the opportunities in the world to do that if they choose.

And if you mean opportunities to bang other women, there will always be opportunities to do that no matter the age. If you looking for it, you'll find it. Its just the way it works.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
This is why I hate studies. I dont feel like you ever truly get solid enough results.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm amazed by the argument that way more men cheat than women. Who are they cheating with ?!? Each other ??? Take men who use hookers out of the equation and it has to be close to equal.

I think it makes sense when you look at the psychology of women. It's not a coincidence that more women check you out when you're with another woman, than when you're single. I think they figure that you must have some of your **** together in order to land another gal, so that seems to make you more appealing to single women.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Hope this "huge debate" took place at coffee break or lunch. If not, you're cheating on your company and should be "divorced".

Says the guy on CF at 1:12 in the afternoon.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Sorry dude 99% is rediculous. The percentage would be high if there were no consequences, but some men do have consciences, despite popular belief.

I am part of the 1% if that is the case. I love my wife and I love my family. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had sex with another woman, even if I didn't/woudl never get caught.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Sorry dude 99% is rediculous. The percentage would be high if there were no consequences, but some men do have consciences, despite popular belief.

I am part of the 1% if that is the case. I love my wife and I love my family. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had sex with another woman, even if I didn't/woudl never get caught.

Exactly.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Wow. I'm curious how many of you that think 40-60% of men or women are cheating on their spouse are actually married. Those numbers are way high IMO. Also, for those of you that think 90+% would cheat if given the opportunity...I hope you never get married.

I do think that the % of women cheating is probably less than men with the gap narrowing...because women tend to have less opportunity to cheat (business trips, etc.)...but again that gap is closing.

I would say the numbers are below 25% for both men and women.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Had a huge debate today at work over who cheats more often on their significant other. All of the women I work with said that between 60-80% of men cheat on their wives, girlfriends, etc. I thought that number was ridiculous to begin with and felt that women were just as likely if not more likely to cheat than men. I realize this is a message board with all dudes but what do you think about this???

80%? They must be damaged goods to think that. Avoid dating any of them at all costs.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Wow. I'm curious how many of you that think 40-60% of men or women are cheating on their spouse are actually married. Those numbers are way high IMO. Also, for those of you that think 90+% would cheat if given the opportunity...I hope you never get married.

I do think that the % of women cheating is probably less than men with the gap narrowing...because women tend to have less opportunity to cheat (business trips, etc.)...but again that gap is closing.

I would say the numbers are below 25% for both men and women.

Probably studies done by Maxim. Would explain alot.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
I would guess the percentage of people that cheat on their significant other is more likely less than 5%, not 30% or 50%. I know a lot of couples, and of them 2 people have cheated on their spouses. My dad, and my sister-in-law (not with each other).

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Had a huge debate today at work over who cheats more often on their significant other. All of the women I work with said that between 60-80% of men cheat on their wives, girlfriends, etc. I thought that number was ridiculous to begin with and felt that women were just as likely if not more likely to cheat than men. I realize this is a message board with all dudes but what do you think about this???

By cheating do you mean that men are having sexual intercourse with another woman? I find 60%-80% absurdly high. 60%-80% of married men probably couldn't convince another woman to have sex with him, unless there was a cash exchange.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I agree, but even more annoying is the insinuation that 99% of men have absolutely no ability or desire to control themselves, or that getting some strange is more important to almost everyone than a committed relationship. Not only is it offensive it's depressing.

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
I will use my family for an example so we can see where it may happen more often. I know very few of my buddies that have ever done it once married, but remember, most have my friends have been married for less than 5 years.

My grandparents had 4 daughters, live in iowa, etc... My mother and father made it 11 years, aunt and her first husband lasted 15 years, and other 2 aunts are still married. My youngest aunt has only been married for 6 years and nothing yet. Of the other 3, 2 husbands cheated and 1 wife cheated.

So 75% of marriages someone cheats.

66% of the cheaters are men, 33% women.

This is what I know to be true.