Men/Women Cheating on Significant Others

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Had a huge debate today at work over who cheats more often on their significant other. All of the women I work with said that between 60-80% of men cheat on their wives, girlfriends, etc. I thought that number was ridiculous to begin with and felt that women were just as likely if not more likely to cheat than men. I realize this is a message board with all dudes but what do you think about this???

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
I would definitely say that number is high. But if 60-80% of men cheat then the number of women that cheat automatically has to be relatively high because you can't tell me that all the women that the men are cheating with are single.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Way too high, I would go with 50% tops for males, 35% for females, unless emotional male friends are included and it goes up to 45% at a minimum. Then again, does cheating includes thoughts or actions?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Of all the people I've personally known to have cheated on spouses, it's been far more likely to be women than men.

I've known a lot of guys who had a GF and made out with a girl at a party or something like that, but I know a lot more married women who had sex with someone other than their husband. It seems that, in my casual observation, that prior to the marriage or engagement, men are more "flirty", but afterwards they take their vows more seriously than women.

Reactions: CyGuy33

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Please define cheating? Does the thought of sex with someone who isn't your significant other qualify as cheating? Every guy who is married is a ******* liar if he hasn't thought about sex with somebody else at least once. :wink:

isucy1234

Apr 2, 2009
Actions.

And i still think those are too high. I'd say at most 1 in 3 guys cheat. Maybe 1 in 5 girls.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
When I was in High School I cheated on my girlfriend just so she would break up with me. She was one of those chicks you couldn't break up with because they wouldn't let you.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Way too high, I would go with 50% tops for males, 35% for females, unless emotional male friends are included and it goes up to 45% at a minimum. Then again, does cheating includes thoughts or actions?

That's a great question. IMO, a guy getting drunk and fooling around with someone once, and never doing it again isn't half as bad as a woman who is totally in love with someone other than their significant other.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
Of all the people I've personally known to have cheated on spouses, it's been far more likely to be women than men.

I've known a lot of guys who had a GF and made out with a girl at a party or something like that, but I know a lot more married women who had sex with someone other than their husband. It seems that, in my casual observation, that prior to the marriage or engagement, men are more "flirty", but afterwards they take their vows more seriously than women.

This is my belief as well.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think men and women are equally likely to cheat. If a woman's emotional needs aren't being met, she'll find a guy that will meet her emotional needs, and she'll use sex with that guy as a means to that end. If a guy's physical needs aren't being met, he'll find someone that will meet those physical needs and will use emotions as a means to that end.

It's actually amazing how how the two are intertwined...

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
If any of my friends are cheating on their wife...they are good at hiding it! I can honestly say that I don't think any of my friends are doing that. I am not being prude...and I have not...but the thought has gone through my mind...but I don't think I could do it! I would hate myself for it...

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Out of all my friends in college...I have only known girls to cheat on their significant other. 2 buddies were "cheated-on by their chicks"

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I'd say men cheat more, obviously...as for the percentages, who knows. Different studies probably have different numbers.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'd say men cheat more, obviously...as for the percentages, who knows. Different studies probably have different numbers.

Do men cheat more across or the board, or where does marriage come into it? I think men are more likely to cheat before marriage, and less likely after it.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

This.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Do men cheat more across or the board, or where does marriage come into it? I think men are more likely to cheat before marriage, and less likely after it.

Maroth is an idiot if he cheats on his supermodel wife.

Wait, is Maroth Tiger Woods?! :wideeyed:

Help Support Us

Become a patron