Men/Women Cheating on Significant Others

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Count me as the naive one in the group because according to an earlier thread, everyone drinks in HS and I know both me and the large group of friends I hung out with did not.
I hope those numbers that everyone mentions are too high.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Had a huge debate today at work over who cheats more often on their significant other. All of the women I work with said that between 60-80% of men cheat on their wives, girlfriends, etc. I thought that number was ridiculous to begin with and felt that women were just as likely if not more likely to cheat than men. I realize this is a message board with all dudes but what do you think about this???

I'd say that is fairly acurate. I would say 60% of men and probably 40% of women at some point are unfaithful.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
They both do. Generally the difference is in why they cheat.

Women generally cheat to get out of a relationship (and hopefully start a new one).

Men generally cheat because they like variety.... and women are just so damn hot and tempting! :smile:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If you watched Desparate Housewives and Sex in the City, it is fairly high. Throw in Jersey Shore and top it off with the current bachelor. It is high. The Bachelor had 5 gial friends at one time. He was really playing the field till one left.

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
I think women cheat more. Cheating on a spouse isn't a matter of choice, it's a matter of opportunity.

99% off men (there's always THAT guy) would cheat on their wife if the opportunity was there. I would say 75% of women would cheat on the husband if the opportunity was there. The factor that changes the momentum to the women is the frequency of opportunity.

From the time a women reaches puberty, any guy that is being nice to her, that is not her Dad, or brother, is only trying to do one thing......... (and no, I didn't forget cousin) :goofy:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I think it is how interesting how many gals over 40 get tired of their husbands and start to look around.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I think women cheat more. Cheating on a spouse isn't a matter of choice, it's a matter of opportunity.

99% off men (there's always THAT guy) would cheat on their wife if the opportunity was there. I would say 75% of women would cheat on the husband if the opportunity was there. The factor that changes the momentum to the women is the frequency of opportunity.

From the time a women reaches puberty, any guy that is being nice to her, that is not her Dad, or brother, is only trying to do one thing......... (and no, I didn't forget cousin) :goofy:

Wow, you seriously believe that? Some of us actually love our wives. Opportunity is always there. Doesnt mean we would do it. That is the silliest post of the day.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
To be worthwhile, I think any real study of this sort of thing would have to break it down into several subcategories. While some people are just flat out untrustable, I would wager that a lot of those who cheat are in relationships that are still there in name only. I think those who identify themselves as happy in their current relationship would have extremely low numbers of cheaters.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
I've been known to do more than a few things that I wouldn't do if my wife was there. Like rinsed out a cup and put it back in the cupboard because I'm too lazy to wash it. One time I forgot to brush my kids' teeth and they were asleep so rather than admit it to my wife I ran water over the bristles of thier toothbrushes in case she checked. Does that mean I'm guilty?

Reactions: Stelrs1995

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

I would just add that for most they would have to have the opportunity and know that it wouldn't result in them getting caught. Opportunity + zero percent chance of being caught and I agree with your numbers.

I noticed when I started getting older and had more married friends that married dudes are usually doing more flirting at bars etc than the single dudes... because they don't get out much and get incredibly excited being around women other than their wives, while the single people are used to the variety and opportunity and take it for granted.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

That isn't at all true. I know a lot of guys who have had plenty of opportunities to cheat and passed on it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron