MBB: Meltdown thread

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I actually laughed when Marty tirade Tyrrell predicted 81-61 Drake. Chalk one up for old Marty!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
ISU has the absolute worst guard play I have ever seen at the d-1 level. Can shoot, pass, drive and mostly defend. I don't know what the answer is, but man is this ugly. I am going to watch the woman beat up on the Hawks.

Last edited:

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
This is AWFUL!!!

The guys look lost out there tonight. :realmad::unsure::realmad::unsure:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Do people really think McDermott is any different a coach than when he made UNI a relevant team? I don't see how people can be so upset at him. He is building a program. We have possibly bottomed out this year, but I am confident he will get it done and get it done right.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
But hey, maybe we will turn around and stick another thorn in Iowa's side.. we all know how the football season started, and then Iowa comes into town while we are on knees and we pull one out. Atleast thats the only optimism I can muster for basketball

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Re: Humiliating!!!

this is beyond bad... and if i let myself get too mad, i will just break things... So i'm just gonna laugh this one off, and watch the women beat Iowa.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Again, I am sorry for the post. It is very difficult to deal with losing to Drake, we have had a elite basketball program, there is no reason for a low to be this low. IMO

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Quick.... someone tell me what GMAC's first few seasons at UNI looked like. Maybe it will make me feel better.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I am done being invested in ISU bball this year. I am getting too mad and too frustrated and it is not healthy.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
ISU has the absolute worst guard play I have ever seen at the d-1 level. Can shoot, pass, drive and mostly defend. I don't know what the answer is, but man is this ugly. I am going to watch the woman beat up on the Hawks.

You know what the answer is! You stated it above! Better guard play! That isn't going to happen this year though...we are in a difficult situation right now! Ouch!

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I am done being invested in ISU bball this year. I am getting too mad and too frustrated and it is not healthy.

Come on now, hos, that's a little harsh.

I've said it before, I watch every minute of every game, good or bad.

These are my Cyclones, win or lose.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Quick.... someone tell me what GMAC's first few seasons at UNI looked like. Maybe it will make me feel better.

They werent good. Neither were his first few seasons at North Dakota State. He needs to flush out the old and get the new clicking.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
MCBB in this era is a guards game. It starts and stops with the guards. And before anything happened this year, back in September, we all knew that ISU was going to be challenged with an inexperienced backcourt. Lucca's situation made a shaky situation a devastating situation.

As bad as it feels, its not surprising.

Add to that Wesley's health, Jiri not at 100% yet, and you are getting what you are seeing.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I was unimpressed with GMAC's resume at UNI. They typically faltered down the stretch in conference play and although they made the NCAA a couple times...UNI also made the tourny prior to GMAC so it's not like he broke new ground. They also won a game in the NCAA prior to GMAC (something he was never able to accomplish). Remember Maurice Newby over Mizzou!

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
I only got to see the second half but we were out rebounded, played extremely sloppy, and looked very slow too. On the offensive side I think I saw 2 shots in the paint when I was watching which is a problem of driving and rebounding(I'd be curious to see how many offensive rebounds we had). Terrible game

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron