Jok exited the Draft

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Re: Jok Entering Draft

Don't get why anyone even thought he'd seriously get a look from an NBA team after his college team folded like a lawn chair down the stretch. Same reason Uthoff will now go late second round or UDFA

If Cheick Diallo can be a lottery pick while barely playing at KU, its not unfathomable to think Jok would get a look. If you take the Hawkeye hater glasses off, what Jok did made perfect sense.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

If Cheick Diallo can be a lottery pick while barely playing at KU, its not unfathomable to think Jok would get a look. If you take the Hawkeye hater glasses off, what Jok did made perfect sense.

One has potential. The other does not.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Diallo was invited to the combine and has high upside. Jok had no chance of being drafted but I can't blame him for putting some feelers out there to try to get out of Iowa City

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA

It doesn't seem you understand how NBA general managers think. Potential over actual proven performance. Jok has neither Diallo had potential.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

It doesn't seem you understand how NBA general managers think. Potential over actual proven performance. Hook has neither Diablo had potential.

I assume autocorrect, but kinda funny.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009

He's even more passive than Uthoff.

Many things can be said about Jok, passivity not one of them. If anything, probably took too many ill-advised shots.

No doubt he benefited from coming into the year not really on anyone's radar. I have my doubts as to how successful his senior year will be.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

Many things can be said about Jok, passivity not one of them. If anything, probably took too many ill-advised shots.

No doubt he benefited from coming into the year not really on anyone's radar. I have my doubts as to how successful his senior year will be.

Agree with that, last season he really turned into a guy who will shoot anything from anywhere.

Honestly it's probably a great trait for him this year with his supporting cast. He'll have to take a ton of shots and be able to hit a lot with a guy all over him. I'm not sure he's got the talent to carry a decent team that way but we'll see.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Agreed. The guy would take every shot of the game if he thought he could get away with it. He's almost like the anti-Uthoff.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey

And Diablo's from Hell State University.
attachment.php

Attachments

• dev.jpg
    dev.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 180

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I think the real question with Jok coming back is whether Mad Fran will suck the life and the joy out of him like he has done with so many players? Players that Mad Fran depends on often shrink from the spotlight and then don't perform like they need to.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA

I have no problem with Jok, or any athlete using the process to get feedback. I believe the laughter was more of the unreal expectations for him, such as "Hield like numbers", or another gem I saw in that thread, "I read in the DSM Register where Fran is planning on having him play 36 minutes a game (27.7 last year) and defend the other team's best player." With Jok's level of defense so far in his career, if he regularly guards the other team's best player, foul trouble will likely keep him from playing 37 minutes a game.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I have no problem with Jok, or any athlete using the process to get feedback. I believe the laughter was more of the unreal expectations for him, such as "Hield like numbers", or another gem I saw in that thread, "I read in the DSM Register where Fran is planning on having him play 36 minutes a game (27.7 last year) and defend the other team's best player." With Jok's level of defense so far in his career, if he regularly guards the other team's best player, foul trouble will likely keep him from playing 37 minutes a game.

Who was Eustachy was talking about when he said he was generally the second highest scorer in any ISU game but unfortunately the highest scorer was whoever he was guarding?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Hield hit about 46% of his threes which is impressive since he hit 147 on the season. He also shot 55% from two and gathered almost 6 rebounds a game. He accounted for over 25 points a game while facing defenses whose number one and number two goals were stopping him.

I don't think Jok has a prayer of sniffing those numbers.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009

Who was Eustachy was talking about when he said he was generally the second highest scorer in any ISU game but unfortunately the highest scorer was whoever he was guarding?

Probably Jake Sullivan?

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA

I'm pretty sure it was a big. Tyray maybe?
Y

Yes, it was Tyray. I remember the interview. Larry was asked what he thought of Tyray having the second best shooting percentage in the country? He responded, "Too bad who ever he is guarding is #1!" Classic.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

I think the real question with Jok coming back is whether Mad Fran will suck the life and the joy out of him like he has done with so many players? Players that Mad Fran depends on often shrink from the spotlight and then don't perform like they need to.

Lol no they don't. You're so full of ****.