Jok exited the Draft

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Re: Jok Entering Draft

So a group of guys, who have all been subjected to Fran's ire for 2-3 years, storms out of the gate, then in February remembers how much they don't like their coach and falls apart? Okay.

Fran's got his flaws as coach, but people really overestimate the effect his coaching style has on the upperclassmen by the time they're done.

Everyone loves everyone when you're winning.

I assume you watch postgame interviews and press conferences? What impression do you get of the coach of players after? For me I see a coach who prefers to lash out indiscriminately and players who act like someone just shot their dog. It's a stark contrast to what I see in 95% of successful programs. Coaches are composed, players are disappointed but resilient.

I think there is a lot to the idea that Fran's "style" of being a gigantic ******* when they're losing contributing quite a bit to Iowa's inability to snap out of a cold streak.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009

This is spot on. Weiskamp is a good one and will most likely be top 75 when it's all said and done. Connor's stock has nosedived since he committed but he still will probably stay in the top 150

Note: I'm not as sour on Fran as you seem to be. Fran inherited the dumpster fire of dumpster fires and has made Iowa decent/good (with two late-season collapses marring things). Given what he inherited at Iowa, he can withstand a couple of years of non-NCAA appearances. Beyond that? Don't know. I know caricatures are easy to grasp on to, but Fran last year was much less of the volcano Fran as a few years before. Much as like us Hawkeye fans liked to poke fun at Rhoads' over-the-top sideline antics.

Fran will need Cook, Weiskamp, Conor and his other son (who has more potential) to be good.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Note: I'm not as sour on Fran as you seem to be. Fran inherited the dumpster fire of dumpster fires and has made Iowa decent/good (with two late-season collapses marring things). Given what he inherited at Iowa, he can withstand a couple of years of non-NCAA appearances. Beyond that? Don't know. I know caricatures are easy to grasp on to, but Fran last year was much less of the volcano Fran as a few years before. Much as like us Hawkeye fans liked to poke fun at Rhoads' over-the-top sideline antics.

Fran will need Cook, Weiskamp, Conor and his other son (who has more potential) to be good.

I'm not sour on Fran at all, I actually think he is a perfect fit at Iowa because he should keep them relevant enough to keep the rivalry fun but can't recruit well enough to get Iowa over the hump to make them better than Iowa State. The Lickliter years weren't even fun for ISU fans.

Fran was still really bad in press conferences last year down the stretch. Walking out during them, throwing Uthoff under the bus, freaking out on a local reporter for asking a perfectly normal question, etc.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I'm not sour on Fran at all, I actually think he is a perfect fit at Iowa because he should keep them relevant enough to keep the rivalry fun but can't recruit well enough to get Iowa over the hump to make them better than Iowa State. The Lickliter years weren't even fun for ISU fans.

Fran was still really bad in press conferences last year down the stretch. Walking out during them, throwing Uthoff under the bus, freaking out on a local reporter for asking a perfectly normal question, etc.

Please don't speak for me, I thought they were awesome.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

With Naz's injury we'll never know.

it takes a special kind of stupid to point this out (Iowa state not making the final 4) when Iowa was in line to be the first number one seed at the end of January. They bombed so much they got a 7 seed, playing ****** competition that last month.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

it takes a special kind of stupid to point this out (Iowa state not making the final 4) when Iowa was in line to be the first number one seed at the end of January. They bombed so much they got a 7 seed, playing ****** competition that last month.

Don't worry, he'll tell you all his posts are "tongue in cheek". Just like gonzo. After a while, you start to smell the bull ****.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
This message board thing really isn't as serious as you think it is.

Most of my posts are when I'm on the throne.

giphy.gif

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

No, they were allowed to be physical with them and interrupted their graceful, beautiful, free-flowing basketball.

This is Iowa, they never lose clean.