Jok exited the Draft

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Re: Jok Entering Draft

Don't get why anyone even thought he'd seriously get a look from an NBA team after his college team folded like a lawn chair down the stretch. Same reason Uthoff will now go late second round or UDFA

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015

Over at HR:

"I would not put it past Jok to put up Buddy Hield type numbers as our featured offensive player. Before anyone calls me crazy look at Jok and Hield as Juniors." -- DanL53.

The delusion of hok fans never ceases to amaze.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

Over at HR:

"I would not put it past Jok to put up Buddy Hield type numbers as our featured offensive player. Before anyone calls me crazy look at Jok and Hield as Juniors." -- DanL53.

holy crap that's hilarious

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Over at HR:

I really think he meant the over-bite not the bball skills.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny

Over at HR:

[video=youtube;C5TglKB000I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5TglKB000I[/video]

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Mad Fran has great things to say today in the DM Reg about Jok and his role next year. There are so many grand quotes from Fran, you could tell that he has been using them often to try to convince Jok to come back. Reminded me of the way he always said such great things about Woodbury. Jok is the next Woodbury?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013

Jok benefitted tremendously by having Uthoff on his team. I don't know if he will put up the same type of numbers as defenses will be keying in on him.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Jok benefitted tremendously by having Uthoff on his team. I don't know if he will put up the same type of numbers as defenses will be keying in on him.

Jok will try. He hasn't seen a shot he doesn't like. Next year he will finally get what he has wanted. And he will probably have really good numbers . . . on a bad team.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

He's even more passive than Uthoff.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

He's even more passive than Uthoff.

I wouldn't describe him as "passive." He has been tentative and inconsistent, but he would probably say that was because he didn't have the green light. I think he will shoot at will this year. And the team will go as high (or low) as he shoots them.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA

Yeah the "Hield-esque" numbers comment was a bit over the top, ok waaaaay over the top for DanL. Jok will likely get more shots, but also more defensive focus against him and less help offensively. Can his level of defense allow him to stay on the floor more minutes? Just an overall bad comparison.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Yeah the "Hield-esque" numbers comment was a bit over the top, ok waaaaay over the top for DanL. Jok will likely get more shots, but also more defensive focus against him and less help offensively. Can his level of defense allow him to stay on the floor more minutes? Just an overall bad comparison.

All this young talent.......

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Probably why Morris came back to isu too.

Monte has a few more goals to accomplish, like setting the assist record at ISU, winning the Big 12, and a final four appearance. What's Pete planning to accomplish?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Over at HR:

Dan is one of a kind.