Jimmy Johns

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
Went to the one in Johnston, off Merle Hay, and the lady told me to go back to the end of the line for a second one. Needless to say, I did. Only about a 5 min wait.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I was just at the Merle Hay JJs at 3:20. They were totally out of bread.

I thought it was supposed to go from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Or do you mean you just wanted a regular price sandwich?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
From the subs in Iowa that I have it would lok something like this

#1 Sub City in CF
#2 JJ
#3 Blimpy
#4 Quizno's
#5 Subway

Reactions: ajk4st8

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
From the subs in Iowa that I have it would lok something like this

#1 Sub City in CF
#2 JJ
#3 Blimpy
#4 Quizno's
#5 Subway

I really need to try Sub City, but I never think of it. If I'm looking for a sandwich within walking distance of campus I go:

#1 JJ's
#2 Lago Cafe
#3 Go home and make a sandwich

Can't stand Subway, especially waiting in line for the one at the MU.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
I really need to try Sub City, but I never think of it. If I'm looking for a sandwich within walking distance of campus I go:

#1 JJ's
#2 Lago Cafe

Line at Lago isn't much better some days... Have you done the full sandwich at Lago? Gotta put in work to finish it.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Planet Sub yet. It's fantastic, just pricey..

Outside of IA, Potbelly, hands down.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Line at Lago isn't much better some days... Have you done the full sandwich at Lago? Gotta put in work to finish it.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Planet Sub yet. It's fantastic, just pricey..

Outside of IA, Potbelly, hands down.

True. Luckily I work across the street so if I run over there before classes get out at 11:50 there is not much of a line. I have not tried the full, but judging from the half I can believe it would be tough. I think the grad students in my department keep that place in business so everyone is always very friendly and most of the workers recognize me, which is always nice.

I haven't tried Planet Sub either. I'll have to do that as well. Any recommendations? I generally like Italian sandwiches with lots of oil and vinegar.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
True. Luckily I work across the street so if I run over there before classes get out at 11:50 there is not much of a line. I have not tried the full, but judging from the half I can believe it would be tough. I think the grad students in my department keep that place in business so everyone is always very friendly and most of the workers recognize me, which is always nice.

I haven't tried Planet Sub either. I'll have to do that as well. Any recommendations? I generally like Italian sandwiches with lots of oil and vinegar.

Super Hero... they have a dollar off coupon on their website too I believe.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Y'all making me miss JJ!!!! I think they have one in the Woodlands but me being in the Humble area that's just not gonna work - hope we get one down here soon!

DMjazz

Apr 14, 2006
Des Moines
I thought it was supposed to go from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Or do you mean you just wanted a regular price sandwich?

Yes, I just wanted a sandwich at regular price. I didn't know about the $1 subs until this afternoon and by the time I got there it was too late. I had maybe 7 minutes to get a sub before my first student of the day only to find out they were out of bread. They had the day old stuff but the guy behind the counter told me they aren't allowed to make subs out of it.

I'll be going to Quiznos later.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

#1 JJ's
#2 Lago Cafe

I've eaten at the Planet Sub across from campus a couple of times, and I've really liked it.
Depending on when I do my final next week, I may do it next week.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron