JAMIE POLLARD STATEMENT ON REINSTATEMENT DECISION

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Why paint your basketball coach into a corner? I love JP. Love all that he has done for ISU athletics. But sometimes he needs to keep his yap shut.

(Edited because I can't spell!)

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Love it. The fact that Bubu is trying to use the court to push his way back onto a team he was removed from is ridiculous enough as is, thankfully at least someone with a voice has the balls to step up and tell him how it is.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Was McKay getting his scholarship money this semester and now Bubu gets it back?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
What's the big deal? What did people expect him to say? Obviously a comment was to be expected from the AD's office, and did anyone really expect him to say something contrary to the University's position? Personally, I disagree with ISU's position, but I don't see why this is so shocking.

From The ADs perspective, didnt the AD already reinstate him once? Shouldnt *that* be the position of the AD?

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Jamie's statement is nothing more than Leath's.

What is Jamie supposed to say? My boss f'd up and I'm glad to have Bubu back.

This is probably the most accurate post. Leath had the final decision and not Pollard. If you were in Pollard's shoes would you release a statement stating your boss was wrong to suspend him.

The only other response he could of given was.. NO COMMENT

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah, he is defending his boss. One thing, Bubu aside, I do agree that the participation should be up to school, not court of law.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I hope you all realize that saying nothing was not an option for Pollard. he's the head of the Athletic Department. A comment from the AD's office is absolutely expected and necessary in this case.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
When can we hear Fred's take on all this? That will settle alot of the questions and opinions from us.

Or will we ever know what he really thinks? He may be forced to agree with JP and the president.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Love it. The fact that Bubu is trying to use the court to push his way back onto a team he was removed from is ridiculous enough as is, thankfully at least someone with a voice has the balls to step up and tell him how it is.

Completely disagree. Why put Hoiberg in the middle? This was already going to be a circus. Pollard made it worse by speaking, not better.

Voice this after the season is over. Not now. Bad PR move. Bad crisis management move.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
In case you guys haven't noticed, saying nothing is not typically an option for Pollard. He just can't seem to help himself.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Oh please. Leath ****ed this up by making the PC choice instead of the legally correct one. The BoR ****ed it up by rubber stamping it instead of fulfilling its role as a venue for appeal. Prosecutors and judges have looked at this and sided with Bubu, but Bubu is in the wrong here?

Reactions: Doc

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm sure Fred will have to legally let him dress now, but I see zero chance Bubu plays any this season. Not because I'm saying he can't catch up on the logistics, but because Jamie won't allow it.

I don't think Jamie wants to get in a showdown with Fred, if Fred wants to play him he will play him.
This is the same A.D. that ripped transfers awhile back.