Intro

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
GREAT...more intro threads. Since everything else is fine and dandy in Cycloneland, let's talk about what lame song we should run on to the field to.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Most people on this board would rather talk uniforms, intros, and politics rather than anything else.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Nothing wrong with having different things to talk about. That's part of what makes this board so active.

clonefan_80

May 28, 2007
Ames
I think they try and make the intro too short. They should just take their time, let the song build up, and run out at the height of the song (whichever song that may be) If they have to cut out the awkward school song playing after the team runs out, so be it. They can play it after we score and when the teams run back into the locker room after warming up. That would be enough for me.

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
I was very disappointed with the intro because I couldn't hear it. And it wasn't because my section was cheering too loud either.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I too thought the intro music was way too quiet. I didn't even know it was playing until i listened very closely. I'm going to email JP and tell him, to tell the sound guy to crank it up next game.

jeppy

Apr 11, 2006
it was way to quiet. i still think slipknot would be awesome. a iowa based band with music that canget anyone pumped up.plus, that would be original and are own tradition. jmo

clone4410

Apr 13, 2006
I don't understand why Thunderstruck is not in the conversation. You can make one hell of an entrance to Thunderstruck. Plus the song fits with the team name you know we are called the Cyclones..... This should be a no brainer...

Juggercy

Apr 14, 2006
Ames, IA
i think they should use the ac/dc song Are You ready they were playing it before the game started and there were a good deal of people rockin out to that and getting pumped

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I liked it. Going from Mortal Kombat to the fight song has always been awkward, and this was a smoother transition. I think the students were more fired up because it was Gene Chizik's first game. I got there about 40 minutes to kickoff, and had trouble finding seats because the place was so packed.

Sadly, it'll probably be a lot easier finding seats next weekend. :(

if it is a lot easier to find seats next week that is a very sad show of our fans if we do that after an early loss...this season isn't over Cyclones. quit giving up after 1 damn game.

as for the intro....I think it's "Pulse of the Maggots" time. Everyone should get on the Slipknot bandwagon.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Most people on this board would rather talk uniforms, intros, and politics rather than anything else.

So f'ing what...seems to me the game was talked about to the greatest extent so if they'd rather talk about intros or whatever...hey, knock yourself out. As always, what doesn't interest you might interest others. Last I knew, you don't have to read them.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
People on this board love talking uniforms, intros, and jumbotrons because they really have very little understanding of the game of football itself. Most have only spent a few years in HS playing and their knowledge ends there.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
People on this board love talking uniforms, intros, and jumbotrons because they really have very little understanding of the game of football itself. Most have only spent a few years in HS playing and their knowledge ends there.

Let me guess, you are one of the "better" football fans out there that has superior football knowledge? :notworthy:

I'm fine and dandy having played 8 years of some form of organized football and letting my knowledge rest with that. I'm sure others are fine and dandy talking football without ever having played! :mask:

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I watched the Virginia Tech opening and it was awsome, I got goose bumps. They did have a big opening because of the shootings last year. However when they were coming onto the field they were playing some Metalica "enter sandman" That place was going nuts......

How about ISU playing some old school Metallica or Pantera!!!

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
How about this:

This would really rock the crowd, it is no worse than we we have now. Cyclone62 would approve.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0CHAZJr3OE"]YouTube - Lazy Town - Bing Bang (Time to Dance)[/ame]=

Help Support Us

Become a patron