Intro

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
My 2nd worst fear came true tonight, (as did my first when we lost) in that our intro was bad. Very bad. I don't think most people knew it was even occurring. There was no build up, all of a sudden the team was just running onto the field. I much preferred the clapping techno.

So... what did everyone else think?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
It was really bad...I would rather hear the mortal combat theme than Sirius played too quietly. That was just pitiful.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I like the song choice, it felt like I was at the Bulls game but the lead up and anticipation need to be a lot better.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
So what song was playing, and what happened? I couldn't hear anything over John Walter's voice on CloneZone.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I liked it. Going from Mortal Kombat to the fight song has always been awkward, and this was a smoother transition. I think the students were more fired up because it was Gene Chizik's first game. I got there about 40 minutes to kickoff, and had trouble finding seats because the place was so packed.

Sadly, it'll probably be a lot easier finding seats next weekend. :(

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
So what song was playing, and what happened? I couldn't hear anything over John Walter's voice on CloneZone.

It was sirius by alan parsons, but it was played too quietly, and just did not seem to get anyone fired up. Mortal Kombat was better.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I liked it. Going from Mortal Kombat to the fight song has always been awkward, and this was a smoother transition. I think the students were more fired up because it was Gene Chizik's first game. I got there about 40 minutes to kickoff, and had trouble finding seats because the place was so packed.

I liked it once I knew that it was even happening, but it was WAY too quiet.

Flag Guy, Superfan and I were one of the first ones in the gates, and got to the front row. I didn't even turn around until about 90 minutes later, and was pleasantly shocked to see every last bench assigned to students completely filled in- even the top corners that are so often empty! People were absolutely packed in; it was awesome to see.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I would take the "mortal kombat" song (twilight zone) any day over Alan Parsons

"I can read your mind...I can read your mind"

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
After seeing Husker intros, it just seemed like a weak replica. I am not a fan of this intro at all!!!

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

I was impressed with how the student section filled up this week, but I doubt it'll last, especially with the loss. Sad but true...
I'm sure the section will fill, but I doubt I'll be as worried about getting my seat :confused: :wink:

DMBclone

Nov 27, 2006
Kansas City, MO
So did we get rid of the big helmet and just kept the caterpillar? I think we could have done a better intro. I'm sure next time they will turn up the music

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Not a big fan of the intro. From where I was sitting I could barely hear it. I thought they might do something cool on the scoreboard after the team came out. Disappointing.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I thought it was fun that they followed the team from the locker room (or somewhere in Jacobson anyways) to the field with the camera - however the music was weak

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I'm sure the section will fill, but I doubt I'll be as worried about getting my seat :confused: :wink:

we get it already, you dress up and go to the games early. i was right there with you.

COOKIE.gif

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yes...The intro. It was kind of a cool way to walk out for Gene Chizik's first game, but I don't see this working out for any length of time. I imagine there will be a revolving door of intros for the next few years until we find something right.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
It's probably a Union job. You can't.

We could bring in the creators of Monty Python to sack him for us... and if they fail then those responsible for the sacking, could be sacked. And then replaced with dancing Lammas...

And with that reference, I think it's time for bed :eek:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
You know what I'd like to hear for an intro? Iron Man by Ozzy. That, if done right, would be extremely sweet. :yes:

Help Support Us

Become a patron