I'm new here, so forgive my ignorance...

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
But why do people complain about Hawkeye threads here? It's the In-State Rivals board. Aren't you supposed to talk about in-state rivals? Granted, we could talk about UNI, Drake, Wartburg, Waldorf, Central College, DMACC or NIACC, but those conversations would tend to be naturally limited...Call me crazy....

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I would say some.. but a lot of people here just like to *****! No reason other than that.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
They complain because sometimes it seems there is more action in the threads about Iowa than ISU.

Truth be told, this does occasionally happen, as sometimes there is more to talk about that involves Iowa than ISU.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Any time someone posts something different than the official ISU talking points, they get piled on. If they continue to post thoughts that differ from the official talking points, they get banned for life. Just ask Lenny25.

Reactions: cyco2000

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Just wait til summer comes around and there is really NOTHING to talk about. The threads get ridiculous, but I still cant wait to come back and read/ignore them.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I dont care if hawk fans are on here i just find it funny they waste all thier time on here, for what i dont know! But wahtever

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
My problem is with non-Hawk posts that turn in to one.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
Most of the complaints about hawk-related threads are from people who worry about what it "looks like" when there are a lot of hawk-related posts on a Cyclone website. They are so obsessed with the hawks that they want to try to prevent hawk fans from saying "all they care about is us".

There are also some posts from people who are truly tired of hearing about the hawks (usually from the same posters over and over again), but those people are less in number than the first group in my opinion.

The way I look at it, everyone is obsessed with their rival. Look at a Texas message board, and you will see threads bashing Oklahoma and Texas A&M. Look at an Alabama board and you will see posts bashing Auburn. That's just the way a rivalry is. Those who worry about what it "looks like" are just buying into hawk BS that the game doesn't really mean anything to them and shouldn't mean anything to us either.

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
But why do people complain about Hawkeye threads here? It's the In-State Rivals board. Aren't you supposed to talk about in-state rivals? Granted, we could talk about UNI, Drake, Wartburg, Waldorf, Central College, DMACC or NIACC, but those conversations would tend to be naturally limited...Call me crazy....
welcome to the internet my friend......... when you dont like something this is the place to go to complain

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Most of the complaints about hawk-related threads are from people who worry about what it "looks like" when there are a lot of hawk-related posts on a Cyclone website. They are so obsessed with the hawks that they want to try to prevent hawk fans from saying "all they care about is us".

There are also some posts from people who are truly tired of hearing about the hawks (usually from the same posters over and over again), but those people are less in number than the first group in my opinion.

The way I look at it, everyone is obsessed with their rival. Look at a Texas message board, and you will see threads bashing Oklahoma and Texas A&M. Look at an Alabama board and you will see posts bashing Auburn. That's just the way a rivalry is. Those who worry about what it "looks like" are just buying into hawk BS that the game doesn't really mean anything to them and shouldn't mean anything to us either.

I agree they may be annoying but they make us laugh and keep the fact in our mind that we hate the SQWAKS:biglaugh:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
For me its the fact that the Hawks are talked about everywhere. They get more media time and ink and are the defult talking point for some. Then I come here to a Cyclone site and ISU fans are talking about a lot of Iowa stuff. There are days the Iowa topics out number the ISU topics. Then people get upset because Iowa fans are here viewing their point sticking up for their team.

Did Lenny really get banned?

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Other than Wrestling and Volleyball there is nothing positive going on

I guess Isu is a volleyball school now

Ohhhh troyrew... It just wouldn't be fun without you... I found a picture finally of how I imagine you.

toilet_doo.jpg

Plus... Lenny deserved what he got... That guy had the worst attitude on this board. He didn't just have a different point of view. He had to be sour about it to. There was nothing ever good enough for him and he complained about everything.

Reactions: djkent01 and kingcy

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I've heard from at least 10 people now that Lenny got booted... I still never found out what or who is avatar was.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I really don't mind it I mean its in the in-state rivals section, and we have hawk posters on here so there is goin to be discussion about it. Sometimes it can get a bit annoying but its all part of the whole message board thing.