I support Pollard 110%

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Jamie Pollard has done a terrific job for Iowa State. Cael leaving means we hired a top coach in the first place. Same with Chizik. JP is a man of integrity, and I believe both football and basketball are moving up. Let's recognize this man for what he is, a true professional.
Ketel

Reactions: zach

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
+1 - great post.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Good you can make up for the 15% in which I support him!!

You don't get it. Iowa State wrestling is different than Iowa State football. ISU wrestling is a top 3 job. Cael left for a worse job. What does that say ??

Reactions: HiltonMagic

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Jamie Pollard has done a terrific job for Iowa State. Cael leaving means we hired a top coach in the first place. Same with Chizik. JP is a man of integrity, and I believe both football and basketball are moving up. Let's recognize this man for what he is, a true professional.
Ketel

Great post...

Z

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

You don't get it. Iowa State wrestling is different than Iowa State football. ISU wrestling is a top 3 job. Cael left for a worse job. What does that say ??

Cael's an idiot? Or backed down from the challenge?

There are options here. Maybe it just wasn't the best fit for him somehow. Maybe recruiting is harder for him than we thought.

I don't know. JP is who we've got, and he's done some great stuff here. I'm a Cyclone, so I'll stick with the Cyclones who are here instead of worrying about the ones who left.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

More money and not the loyalty we thought he had?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Cael's an idiot? Or backed down from the challenge?

There are options here. Maybe it just wasn't the best fit for him somehow. Maybe recruiting is harder for him than we thought.

I don't know. JP is who we've got, and he's done some great stuff here. I'm a Cyclone, so I'll stick with the Cyclones who are here instead of worrying about the ones who left.

Besides fundraising name me one good thing Jamie has done? He is currently batting .100.

No way is recruiting hard for him at Iowa State. Look at our class!!!!

PEOPLE DON'T BE SO NAIVE!!! Pollard pissed of Cael and he is gone

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Pollard makes good hires who are coveted by other colleges. Would we rather have a coach no one wants?

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Did anyone see Bobby Douglas on the news, "He said the price to play poker just went up"...or something to that affect.

Z

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Besides fundraising name me one good thing Jamie has done? He is currently batting .100.

No way is recruiting hard for him at Iowa State. Look at our class!!!!

PEOPLE DON'T BE SO NAIVE!!! Pollard pissed of Cael and he is gone

You must have an inside track on this information. Tell us more about what really happened.

Z

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Ketel

That is cool...I respect your right to state your position. I do not support JP. For those who are mad that Cael jumped ship for more money don't know any more than most of us! Most of us have zero inside information and rely on instincts or gut feelings to make these judgments. My judgment says that JP has not done a good job!

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
It stinks for us in the short-term, but Pollards recent issues haven't been because he is firing people, it's other school's coming to raid them from us. It's at least nice to think we are hiring coaches in demand by other schools, now if we could just see some wins attached! Besides, how many coaches that are alumni end up getting fired vs. sticking around? Can you imagine having to be the guy to fire Cael in 5 years if we continue to fail to reach the next level and start to slip in the rankings? JP got villified for letting Mac go, I can only imagine what would happen if Cael had to be let go for failing to win.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Ketel

Good for you...

images

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
That is cool...I respect your right to state your position. I do not support JP. For those who are mad that Cael jumped ship for more money don't know any more than most of us! Most of us have zero inside information and rely on instincts or gut feelings to make these judgments. My judgment says that JP has not done a good job!

I do know JP, and I've seen the kind of person and businessman he is. He has kept the Iowa State athletic department solvent in very tough times, with a program that does not have the big givers of other schools. If you wonder why? Schools with law programs and doctor programs typically have the biggest donors. Iowa State does not have that luxury. Through that, he managed to hire two top football coaches that could have gone to many other schools. Same with both our basketball coaches and even Cael had other options. Pollard has done MORE WITH LESS than any other program around. I'm excited about Rhoads and his coordinators, both of which could virtually name their program. You don't have to like him, but he IS doing a super job.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I agree completely. He has done nothing more than hire the coaches almost everone wanted. The coaches everybody was going ape **** over when they got hired.

Reactions: Angie

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I really don't see how anyone could support him "110%" at this point. He sold everyone on hope and 3 years later what do we have to show for it? Football is back to where it was in the 90s, basketball is coming off 3 straight losing seasons and we just lost our wrestling hero to a much worse job. If Cael was truly happy here he would have been content with his 6 figure salary and told PSU no thanks. Just like the gentleman from Cornell. Clearly, more than money motivated him to make the move.

My approval rating for Pollard is about 40 percent at this point. I applaud him for getting the basketball practice facility built, but otherwise he could leave tomorrow and I wouldn't shed any tears.

Reactions: HiltonMagic

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
I do know JP, and I've seen the kind of person and businessman he is. He has kept the Iowa State athletic department solvent in very tough times, with a program that does not have the big givers of other schools. If you wonder why? Schools with law programs and doctor programs typically have the biggest donors. Iowa State does not have that luxury. Through that, he managed to hire two top football coaches that could have gone to many other schools. Same with both our basketball coaches and even Cael had other options. Pollard has done MORE WITH LESS than any other program around. I'm excited about Rhoads and his coordinators, both of which could virtually name their program. You don't have to like him, but he IS doing a super job.

Who???

Done more what? done more to sink the ship?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I saw similar posts about people being 100% behind Gene Chizik too, after a pair of horrid football seasons.

I support JP, but I have many questions as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron