I support Pollard 110%

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
So the anti JP crowd...what would you do differently?
1. Keep Dan M? Season tickets would have been a total disaster, fan booing, no contributions and a gigantic mess.
2. Not hire Gene Chizik? He was regarded as THE top asst. coach ready to be a head coach in the country. He was a real get at the time, remember?
3. Keep Wayne Morgan? Really? Wanted the grade problems etc.
4. Not hire Greg McDermott? Iowa wanted him, so did a lot of programs. Regarded as one of the top D-1 coaches ready to upgrade.
5. Not hire Cael? If we hadn't of hired him, guess he wouldn't be leaving...
6. Keep Cael? Lord knows ISU has tried, up to the point of groveling. Sometimes people want to go elsewhere.
7. Bill F? JP kept him, does that count?
8. Hire Paul Rhoads? I can't think of a better candidate. And what about the DC and OC hires?
It's easy to sit on the sideline and whine...but JP's job is to make choices. You can only choose coaches by what they have done, not what they will do. And I like his judgement.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
6. Keep Cael? Lord knows ISU has tried, up to the point of groveling. Sometimes people want to go elsewhere.

See this is such BS, deal with what we know - not what you imagine JP to have done. Or what he told you in his CYA speech.

We know Cael left his alma-mater and seeming "dream job" for a mid-teir Big Ten program. We do not know the $$ (yet), but Cael just stated in a breif interview it was "not that much more". The facts will come out as its a public university.

We know every program has a significantly worse W/L record in Pollards tenure. Say what you want personally about our former coaches, but they "got it done" far more often than our current ones.

Cael is a legend, and it sounds like he left because he was unhappy.

Keep legends, get rid of ADs with no success whatsoever.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
See this is such BS, deal with what we know - not what you imagine JP to have done. Or what he told you in his CYA speech.

We know Cael left his alma-mater and seeming "dream job" for a mid-teir Big Ten program. We do not know the $$ (yet), but Cael just stated in a breif interview it was "not that much more". The facts will come out as its a public university.

We know every program has a significantly worse W/L record in Pollards tenure. Say what you want personally about our former coaches, but they "got it done" far more often than our current ones.

Cael is a legend, and it sounds like he left because he was unhappy.

Keep legends, get rid of ADs with no success whatsoever.

Kettle meet pot!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Exactly. I don't buy the "big money" theory. Sanderson wouldn't contradict that knowing it will come out in the wash. Something drove him out.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Where is Jon Miller when you need him? Isn't he an investagatory journalist? Where are the numbers!?!?!?

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Zach, the ketel meet pot was great, I needed a chuckle after today.

Reactions: zach

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Great... now this ad appears...

imgad

:no::no:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
So the anti JP crowd...what would you do differently?

I literally stopped reading this post right here.

The major flaw with some of you is, anything other than 100% support of JP is viewed as "anti-Pollard".

This is not the case. Is it not fair to look at the "CEO" of ISU athletics and have questions when things are going poorly? With any major corporation that is in financial trouble - the top dogs are almost always looked at as those to blame. I've yet to see anyone here disagree with that in those off-topic discussions.

Pollard has made it clear that collegiate, and Iowa State, athletics are being run like a business. Most here agree with that assessment.

So again, how it is, when our "business" is faltering, JP can't receive any of the blame or be questioned regarding various decisions?

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006

The major flaw with some of you is, anything other than 100% support of JP is viewed as "anti-Pollard".

This is not the case. Is it not fair to look at the "CEO" of ISU athletics and have questions when things are going poorly? With any major corporation that is in financial trouble - the top dogs are almost always looked at as those to blame. I've yet to see anyone here disagree with that in those off-topic discussions.

Pollard has made it clear that collegiate, and Iowa State, athletics are being run like a business. Most here agree with that assessment.

So again, how it is, when our "business" is faltering, JP can't receive any of the blame or be questioned regarding various decisions?

I don't see our business as faltering. His MAJOR job is to keep the Athletic Department financially solvent, run an honest program and care about the athletes. He is doing that. He is also giving us a chance to win, and has made good choices. Anyone has the right to criticize him anytime they want. I just differ with those who do. I don't blame Jamie Pollard if a coach leaves for a better opportunity, or one they perceive as a better fit.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't see our business as faltering. His MAJOR job is to keep the Athletic Department financially solvent, run an honest program and care about the athletes. He is doing that. He is also giving us a chance to win, and has made good choices. Anyone has the right to criticize him anytime they want. I just differ with those who do. I don't blame Jamie Pollard if a coach leaves for a better opportunity, or one they perceive as a better fit.

Exactly. He keeps the financial ship running, and gives coaches the chance to build the winning programs.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
How is ISU athletics not faltering? 3 FB coaches in 4 years. Very few wins. MBB not in good shape with what could be a coaching change again in a couple years. I hope like hell that's not the case, but it is a real possibility. One of the few programs that is actually on the right path just lost its coach.

About all ISU has going for it right now (that people care about) is newer facialities (which are still behind the majority of in-conference foes) and WBB.

And how much longer will ISU be ok financially if ISU athletics continues to not do the very most important thing it needs to - win? Trust me, it won't be long.

And it is highly debatable if PSU is a better opportunity (and it's just one instance of a deal gone bad). The contract size is mere rumors.

Money or not, ISU lost one of it's best Cyclones, if not the best. It's really unfathomable.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs

I support JP and he has had mistakes. I have mistakes every day just like you do, however, most of the posters couldn't make it a day in the guys shoes. The difference is, I support ISU 100% and that includes JP too at this time until I learn something different first hand about the man. I am not taking literaly what every poster has to say on this site, do you? 99.9% of what is posted is hearsay, speculation, hatred and more. Blame all you want on JP, however, you don't have any real hard fact do we. When the money starts drying up from the big boosters, then, you can get your panties in a bunch... And by the way, I think he got 5MM from Jacobson within the last 5 months or so.

Not saying JP will end up being our best AD ever, however, I haven't seen any hard facts to believe he isn't doing a good job and trying to fix years of neglect.

Just my outlook on it.

Z

Reactions: ketelmeister

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I support JP and he has had mistakes. I have mistakes every day just like you do, however, most of the posters couldn't make it a day in the guys shoes. The difference is, I support ISU 100% and that includes JP too at this time until I learn something different first hand about the man. I am not taking literaly what every poster has to say on this site, do you? 99.9% of what is posted is hearsay, speculation, hatred and more. Blame all you want on JP, however, you don't have any real hard fact do we. When the money starts drying up from the big boosters, then, you can get your panties in a bunch... And by the way, I think he got 5MM from Jacobson within the last 5 months or so.

Not saying JP will end up being our best AD ever, however, I haven't seen any hard facts to believe he isn't doing a good job and trying to fix years of neglect.

Just my outlook on it.

Z

I don't know. Who wouldn't want a job in the public eye, since the public is so reasonable about things? :jimlad:

Status
Not open for further replies.