How could Jack Trice hold 58,000?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We can always pack double the capacity in the student section.... Standing on the seats and off the seats. :twitcy:
I see this happen a lot anyways.

They seem to have way oversold the student section. And they also just let anyone who looks college age sit there,

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They seem to have way oversold the student section. And they also just let anyone who looks college age sit there,

They probably didn't oversell the student section itself, but its been no secret for a long time that a lot of people buy hillsides and pack themselves into the student section. Gives more room on the hillsides.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
What about the luxury boxes? Couldn't they be sold as single tickets rather than a group in order to get more in there? Also, they could fit a good number on the Jacobsen balcony or sell the band's seats.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
What about the luxury boxes? Couldn't they be sold as single tickets rather than a group in order to get more in there? Also, they could fit a good number on the Jacobsen balcony or sell the band's seats.

Anyone know if there is going to be a skycam again? We can hang people from the wires too!

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
How soon has student section been filling up, just wondering. It has been impressive how full it has been this year. Did they add another section this year?

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
My guess is, unfortunatly, a lot won't show as the weather looks bad. This could be one of those announced sales differ from actual ones...but yeah, I say sell the heck out of the hills right now.

All the more people to try to evacuate if the weather goes to the pot. :mad:

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
JP just tweeted that he expects us to sell out by the end of the day.

Jamie Pollard ‏@IASTATEAD
Looks like we will be sold out of tickets for Saturday's game by the end of the day. Looking forward to a great home field advantage!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
How soon has student section been filling up, just wondering. It has been impressive how full it has been this year. Did they add another section this year?

My nephew couldn't find much 35 minutes before game time. My son said there were a bunch of high school kids, DMAAC kids, and a 12 year old in the student section last home game. Then actual students spill onto hillside cause they have no where to squeeze in and stand in the student section.

royhobbs09

Apr 11, 2006
There are about 15 excellent seats that opened up in Section 19. Other than that it is all singles and they have shut down hillside sales. There are field seats in the South End Zone and the North End Zone (which the band uses). Unless they are installing them and selling tickets on the down low, it doesn't look like any field seats along the sidelines (I believe these have been employed in the past). I'm guessing we do not break a record, but we do have our highest paid attendance ever in the new configuration. I'm also guessing that rain ponchos and hot chocolate will be big sellers (hope they stock up).

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
He had work. He kind of thought when you pay for something you should get something.

That's what you have to expect from any kind of general admission section. There's no way it can be on lock down for only student ticket holders.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Remember the days when student section tickets were dirt cheap and the seats were still rarely completely full? IRRC, they were like $40 when I was in school...