Fran McCaffery

CyWDM

Mar 25, 2012
Fran McCaffery to KSU!!! It would be funny if he left Iowa and went to KSU.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Why would he leave Iowa? He has quite a bit momentum going there, especially with a Top 25 recruiting class coming in next season. I'll get flamed for it, but its nice to see Iowa State and Iowa being the good teams again in the state instead of Drake and UNI.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
Only guy that yells more than Frank.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Why would he leave Iowa? He has quite a bit momentum going there, especially with a Top 25 recruiting class coming in next season. I'll get flamed for it, but its nice to see Iowa State and Iowa being the good teams again in the state instead of Drake and UNI.

Perhaps he'd be concerned about half the fanbase dying from old age before next season?

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Fran is treated like a God at Iowa right now.....but once they end up with one more losing season Iowa fans will want his head.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Fran is treated like a God at Iowa right now.....but once they end up with one more losing season Iowa fans will want his head.

Why?

2 years in and he's really proved nothing.

Winning at commuter colleges is a whole different animal.
You can take guys like Marble, Wassabe, and Tony (Big House) Hubbard and win 20 games at Sienna. That won't work where he is now.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Fan support would be one reason.
Iowas attendance increased for the second straight year. Attendance wouldn't be one of the reasons.
Why?

2 years in and he's really proved nothing.

Winning at commuter colleges is a whole different animal.
You can take guys like Marble, Wassabe, and Tony (Big House) Hubbard and win 20 games at Sienna. That won't work where he is now.

Really? Proved nothing? Iowa won 18 games this year, which is 8 more games than the last 3 years, and first winning record in 5 years.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Iowas attendance increased for the second straight year. Attendance wouldn't be one of the reasons.

Really? Proved nothing? Iowa won 18 games this year, which is 8 more games than the last 3 years, and first winning record in 5 years.

Iowa was a bit better this year, but lets not hide the fact that their conference schedule was extremely easy (for Big 10 standards)

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Iowa was a bit better this year, but lets not hide the fact that their conference schedule was extremely easy (for Big 10 standards)

Being sarcastic? Iowa beat Wisconsin twice, Indiana, Michigan and Minnesota twice. Now I know Minnesota is not as good this year as many thought they would be but it's still tough to beat a conference team twice.

I was hoping Iowa would get to 17-18 wins this year and they did but it was not at all how I thought they would get there. I thought they would be Campbell, Clemson and Northwestern at least once. I did not see the road wins against Minny and Wisky.

Overall they showed great improvement throughout the year and they have a solid group returning. Marble and White should be all conference performers and hopefully Basabe gets things figured out and he can do the same. Iowa will be a more athletic team next year than they were this year.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Being sarcastic? Iowa beat Wisconsin twice, Indiana, Michigan and Minnesota twice. Now I know Minnesota is not as good this year as many thought they would be but it's still tough to beat a conference team twice.

I was hoping Iowa would get to 17-18 wins this year and they did but it was not at all how I thought they would get there. I thought they would be Campbell, Clemson and Northwestern at least once. I did not see the road wins against Minny and Wisky.

Overall they showed great improvement throughout the year and they have a solid group returning. Marble and White should be all conference performers and hopefully Basabe gets things figured out and he can do the same. Iowa will be a more athletic team next year than they were this year.

The back-end of their schedule was incredibly soft.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
If Tubby played the line-up he plays now, Iowa would have finished with 15 wins.