FOOTBALL RECRUITING: Official visitors for this weekend

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I wondered why Jennert wasn't on sidelines but yet Tiller is.

I have no knowledge that he's done at ISU. It just seems weird that he hasn't been on the sidelines serving the same punishment that Tiller is, yet Tiller is present and accounted for at every game. So it wouldn't surprise me if he's done. That would disappoint me though, because he definitely has skill and could be a big asset as a vertical deep threat and red zone player.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
When TH was announced that he was leaving and Prospect West was tweeting about it and Donnie tweeted back that it would be all good. Seems strange to do if you are indeed not returning.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
In-home visits from ISU & KU this week for Duaron:

Big7dawg6 Big Dawg Williams
Coach Messignham will be down tomorrow night for a in-home visit. #IowaState #cyclones #cyclonenation

Big7dawg6 Big Dawg Williams
So Coach Weis and Coach Mitchell are coming down this week for a in-home visit. #Kansas #RockChalk #Jayhawks #KUFootball

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
2680056976_20488222ed_o.gif

charlie-weis-arbys-1.jpg

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Thus weird that Messingham is visiting him. I woulda thought it would be one of the Burnhams.

I have noted that early in the recruiting process, the Burnhams are making the visits and staying in contact over the course of the season. But when it is time for the "in-home" visit (at least in the case of Shontrelle Johnson, Sam Richardson, and so on), it is Coach Rhoads and Coach Messingham that attempt to finish the recruiting process.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I don't like that Charlie Weis is visiting him.

If recruits do their homework, they would stay away from a college team trying to run a Charlie Weis offense.

It can work in the pros where you can rely on veteran players and extended practice time.

It's too complicated for college where you have to rely on 1st and 2nd year players and have limitations on practice time. Most years his offense will struggle like it did at Florida. If he ever puts together a group that can run his offense, the key guys will graduate and he has to start over.

I'll grant that this is true to a certain extent with all college programs, but Weis is going to prove to be too much like Bill Callahan - a better fit for the NFL than he is for college.

Weis leaving gives UF offense fresh start - SEC Blog - ESPN

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Why? Are you worried that he'll eat him?

That was Munchino's trick, but not until after the players had signed and been around a couple of years....

Kinda the same reason why BBall recruits like ISU now. Weis is a name that most football fans know. Also hes the HC of the team, we aren't sending our HC, or even his position coach.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron