Favorite Moment on Cyclone Fanatic?

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
How are you going to explain the dude in the Aloha Shirt sitting at the open bar at your reception?
"Uh, yeah, uh he's the private security guard I hired for the reception. So secretive you're not even suppose to know about him. No questions asked."

"If he's security, why is he drinking on the job?"

"I SAID NO QUESTIONS ASKED!"

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
"Uh, yeah, uh he's the private security guard I hired for the reception. So secretive you're not even suppose to know about him. No questions asked."

"If he's security, why is he drinking on the job?"

"I SAID NO QUESTIONS ASKED!"

I like your style, Ring. I'll try not to sleep with any of your family at your wedding.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So I'm not the only one who has a wife that brings up my CF usage when we are arguing? A few weeks ago we were arguing about something, and I asked what she expected me to do. Her response was "I don't know, why don't you ask Cyclone Fanatic?"

PapaLew can't say a thing to me about time spent/wasted here...just try to pry him off of Clash of Clans!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
One of my least-favorite moments was when Wesley Johnson announced he was transferring. I was traveling for work at that time, and moderating was a *****. I could only get online and help every so often - it was a free-for-all.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
So I'm not the only one who has a wife that brings up my CF usage when we are arguing? A few weeks ago we were arguing about something, and I asked what she expected me to do. Her response was "I don't know, why don't you ask Cyclone Fanatic?"

Lol- I think I've heard that word for word. Also questioning whether I talk about her on here (which I don't, due to the great engagement thread fiasco of 2007- thanks everyone for that one).

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Here is a thread BVDV started which is basically bashing JP's leadership as AD. Bruce is cy1225. I'm serious, read his post history. It's rather humorous as he is the only one who is defending Bruce Van De Velde (himself).

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45106

There ya go! Angie's comments are gold I tell ya, gold!

attachment.php

Attachments

• kenny-bania-the-fatigues-seinfeld.jpg
    kenny-bania-the-fatigues-seinfeld.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 324

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
"BMB" you were right!!!

This is why I don't like acronyms -- that crazy urban dictionary doesn't include "bring magic back" as a possible definition, but it does have a lot of other unsavory words of which none are ever used here.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Stretchclone's hey Chris thread was pretty epic. I still reread it from time to time just because of how awesomely it went down.

CYKID

Oct 18, 2006
Clive
Definitely the "Sun Park" thread and all of the theories of why the guy built it. One of the fanatics was ready to knock on the guys door to give us the full story. I ended up driving by it and it was creepy.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Some of Bruce Van De Velde's posts:

In June, 2010, when Wayne Morgan found a new coaching gig

Congratulations Wayne. Those are some nice accomplishments. He also took ISU to an NIT Final 4 and an NCAA Tournament birth in 3 years.

Yes, BVD hired Wayne Morgan.

When a poster made a comment on how we were down before Pollard arrived and now we are on our way back up, BVD responded:

Going to 5 bowl games in 6 years and playing in the NCAA basketball tournament before Pollard arrived is a down swing? Then what do you call what is happening now?

When someone was commenting on how our volleyball coach was Pollards best hire (before McDermott had even left)

Pollard did not hire the Volleyball Coach the previous AD did.

When a poster said our worst three years in ISU history started with BVD in charge:

Just to keep things factual... when Pollard arrived in October of 2005 the football team was allready 4-0 thus his record that year was 3-5.

And this classic

Thanks Monty. And Pollard is responsible for the decline in both men's basketball and football. Look at the facts (wins/losses/post season appearances). FACT: The year Pollard came to ISU the program was coming off a bowl victory on the way to another bowl game and was just in the Final 4 of the NIT and a 2nd round appearance in the NCAA Tournament. Where are we now? :yes:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Some of Bruce Van De Velde's posts:

In June, 2010, when Wayne Morgan found a new coaching gig

Yes, BVD hired Wayne Morgan.

When a poster made a comment on how we were down before Pollard arrived and now we are on our way back up, BVD responded:

When someone was commenting on how our volleyball coach was Pollards best hire (before McDermott had even left)

When a poster said our worst three years in ISU history started with BVD in charge:

And this classic

I like where he couldn't spell "berth".

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
"BMB" you were right!!!

This is why I don't like acronyms -- that crazy urban dictionary doesn't include "bring magic back" as a possible definition, but it does have a lot of other unsavory words of which none are ever used here.

I'm too lazy to type the whole name.
:twitcy:

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
1. Urban Exploring
2. Windmill Erik (where is that guy?)
3. The thread with a bunch of males trying to tell Angie about appropriate breastfeeding (much ignorance was spouted by several including Rebecacy).
4. Theories regarding the price of softballs in April.

Reactions: Angie