Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
1. Urban Exploring
2. Windmill Erik (where is that guy?)
3. The thread with a bunch of males trying to tell Angie about appropriate breastfeeding (much ignorance was spouted by several including Rebecacy).
4. Theories regarding the price of softballs in April.

You were a rock star.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Link this thread. It's news to me.

I'd have to spend some time finding it. Essentially I tried to suck up to my fiance by posting a thread about her, and told her to check it out. In the meantime, everyone had begun throwing out about twenty random female names in speculating who it could be. She did not enjoy that thread at all.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I found a thread where Jeremy is asking what CF wants out of it's mods, or if CF was just fine how it was.

brianhos, who was not yet a mod, said something along the lines of "considering I'm probably one of the most moderated posters on this site, I'd say everything is fine."

Which gives me hope that I can be a mod here some day.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Posters accusing of me of being Jared Barnett's mother/father/grandma/high school FB coach/spiritual guru/etc. when I'd say something nice about him.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
How are you going to explain the dude in the Aloha Shirt sitting at the open bar at your reception?

"Uh, yeah, uh he's the private security guard I hired for the reception. So secretive you're not even suppose to know about him. No questions asked."

"If he's security, why is he drinking on the job?"

"I SAID NO QUESTIONS ASKED!"
Actually what may blow my cover is that the future wife and I were introduced through a mutual friend. That mutual friend is now engaged to someone who posts on CF.

Hopefully said guy keeps his mouth shut.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Few that stand out to me:

Whoever linked the shed of doom...hilarious

The thread where a few folks chose to go razz the Chiz as he left town

the guy who video recorded his office while he was gone to find out who was stealing his chips

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I found a thread where Jeremy is asking what CF wants out of it's mods, or if CF was just fine how it was.

brianhos, who was not yet a mod, said something along the lines of "considering I'm probably one of the most moderated posters on this site, I'd say everything is fine."

The NET. (Never-ending thread.) Loooooong ago.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Line starts behind me, jerk face.

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Just spent the better part of my afternoon reading through the Urban Exploring thread again....and I am driving up there tonight.....there meaning the wacko's house with the weird shrine.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Is that the one where people would post pictures that contained a number corresponding to the post number in the thread, or was that another thread?

I want to say it was, but it's so long ago that I am not positive. I think there were two or three NETs with roughly the same crew.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
Two things:
I really miss the Friday Confessions threads. Those were hilarious.

There was a thread something along the lines of "Fold or Crumple?" Wish I could find that one.

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
I didn't read the whole thread, but the first thing that comes to mind is the "How do you wipe" thread. Holy crap that had me in tears. Someone said something like "If this site's sponsors knew this is the kind of stuff we talk about CWs inbox would be on fire."

So good.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Two things:
I really miss the Friday Confessions threads. Those were hilarious.

There was a thread something along the lines of "Fold or Crumple?" Wish I could find that one.
Those lost their luster when people other than wartknight started being the OP to them.