Favorite Moment on Cyclone Fanatic?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Too many to list. My wife gets so annoyed because any time anything hilarious happens, or there is something big going in sports, I run and grab my phone to start talking about it on CF. It's an amazing community.

So I'm not the only one who has a wife that brings up my CF usage when we are arguing? A few weeks ago we were arguing about something, and I asked what she expected me to do. Her response was "I don't know, why don't you ask Cyclone Fanatic?"

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Maybe my least favorite moment? When the cave was split off to PolitalFanatic.com and someone stole my user name before I could sign up an started posting stupid ****. Glad we got the cave back!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
who was that the posted about meeting with a prof? I vaguely remember that. Some of my favorites where the Confessions threads way back when. I went to bed the night of the Kentucky deal and tried to catch up the next day but I was sad I missed all the fun.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I was strictly a day time poster for a long time so I missed SOOO much tom foolery during the night time.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
So I'm not the only one who has a wife that brings up my CF usage when we are arguing? A few weeks ago we were arguing about something, and I asked what she expected me to do. Her response was "I don't know, why don't you ask Cyclone Fanatic?"

I completely hid my CF posting from my ex-wife. I knew she'd get ticked at me for wasting time and posting while at work.

My current fiance doesn't care. At least not yet. Hopefully that doesn't change after the ceremony.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
When I first joined CF in Mcdermott's last year, there was a guy with a name of KG-CYCLONE who would try to refute every negative comment about GMac. I could just sit back and watch for hours some of the threads in which he posted. He always claimed to have the inside scoop, and was always positive something great was just around the corner. (In retrospect, something great was just around the corner, and it was named Creighton!)

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
This for me was the greatest moment ever.

After he didn't post for a while the speculation about how his wife killed him was fantastic!
Some of the best reading I have ever gone through on this site.

So you guys enjoyed it the most when you thought I was dead? That hurts....

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Oh, oh! This is my ALL time favorite: remember when Bruce VandeVelde posted on here? Oh my god, that was so weird/outstanding!

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Wouldn't it be great if CF had a forum you could subscribe to, a vault of sorts, where all these classic threads would be easily found and accessible?

:wink:

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
So you guys enjoyed it the most when you thought I was dead? That hurts....
It was more the fun we had imagining how you day/ night went.
Then when we hadn't heard from you for so long we started to wonder if we were correct in some of our assumptions.

Still glad to know you lived through it :)

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Maybe my least favorite moment? When the cave was split off to PolitalFanatic.com and someone stole my user name before I could sign up an started posting stupid ****. Glad we got the cave back!
That happened to me way back on the old Ames Trib site where you didn't have to sign in and just anyone could use your username. Someone locked onto my username and started posting crap. People who knew who I was were calling me upset at things I had posted and I was like dude, wasn't me.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What was his username and what thread(s) did he post in?
Don't remember the user name but I thought it was close to his initials. Everyone knew it was him. I think he was defending a coach.