Favorite Moment on Cyclone Fanatic?

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
With the original thread being bumped, it made me think what my favorite moment on this site was. I know spamming is not allowed, but cheap high quality jerseys is what sticks out to me. I miss those days.

Also, that thread where a guy was looking for another poster about owing him money. Good times

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
The first week of the offseason after Kentucky won the national championship. Not only did we have the police scanner thread, but we had a legendary Ukraine mail order brides thread.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
My favorite was when we had a get together at the Italian place in WDM (can't remember its name). Getting to put faces to screen names. Although I think some of the people there were not happy to meet me (it was during the days of "The thread that will not end" that I know the mods hated).

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I used to make fun of people for laughing at their phones at a funny text, or laughing to what's in their headphones

Until I literally had tears coming out of my eyes after reading the Ukrainian Brides thread on CyRide around no one I knew.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
The times I got to spend with my lil bro bigdaddykane. RIP BDK!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Snowcraig not only about the kids at school, but didn't he also start the Willow the cat thread?

edit: the rabbit killer :smile: belongs to Yoda

Last edited:

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The time I laughed hardest might have been the argument that started out about kids throwing rocks from bridges on to cars in Des Moines...and then somehow evolved into an argument about how bad of a town Woodward or Granger is...can't remember who was involved in the thread but I remember reading it and laughing so hard!

ALSO...was AJPennyPacker on this site or the old one? That guy was the best!

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The origination of flight tracker and CF being the first the figure out that Chizik was flying to Ames.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Close second - the time a CF Trollercoaster was created and a mass group of fanatics would go to message boards of opposing fan bases and just troll the **** out of them.

If I recall correctly, our best attack was Hawkeye Nation, which resulted in 5-6 permabans in one night. And EVERY poster over their went off on Jon Miller for the crap he's allowing to go through on HN.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
My favorite was when we had a get together at the Italian place in WDM (can't remember its name). Getting to put faces to screen names. Although I think some of the people there were not happy to meet me (it was during the days of "The thread that will not end" that I know the mods hated).

I remember that - it was one of the most awkward moments of my life knowing that I was going to be meeting people face-to-face that knew way too much about me:)

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Planes on a treadmill.

Oh man.....