BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
There'a a guy who scored TD's as a running back at Texas that now starts at DT for the Bears.

I'm not saying this is the same but jeez, cool it on the "I fear" stuff.

Agreed.

Just be happy we have Coe on campus and on the team with this thin D-Line depth. good gawd people......We should be thankful

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Here is my biggest fear with Coe. Recruited as a RB. Ate his way to DL. Inconsistent effort. Both signs of lack of discipline. Great plays made followed by where the hell was Rodney on that play?

reminds me of a true fresh who started on the DL at Oklahoma and won a national championship. Big Mo Dampeer. He finally was told by the great coach Mel T he could not play because he could not stop gaining weight. See link.

Big Moe (Lawerence Dampeer) Tackle NWMSU vs UNA - YouTube

The same thing is going to happen to you Collin if you don't get off the Internet and get back to workouts.

NoJustice

Jul 20, 2013
There'a a guy who scored TD's as a running back at Texas that now starts at DT for the Bears.

I'm not saying this is the same but jeez, cool it on the "I fear" stuff.

Let's go with my concern as opposed my fear so you can sleep better at night.

it would be easier to chalk this up as a troll comment so as not to face a real question mark for this upcoming season. Like it or not the reality if it is he better step it up. THE CONCERN is his track record of doing so is a bit checkered.

NoJustice

Jul 20, 2013
The same thing is going to happen to you Collin if you don't get off the Internet and get back to workouts.

It would be so much more convenient if it were the case. Unfortunately it is not. I happen to have a base if knowledge on the subject as opposed to a fly by and why I even commented in the first place on this thread. The questions marks are there whether you want to ignore them to feel better or not.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
My bad. All Big XII should be about right.

Just so you know, this is troll behavior 101. Nobody is saying he is going to be all Big 12. People have repeatedly voiced concerns about the transition because we need him to be productive, including the publisher of this website.

However, every indication is that the weight he has put on isn't just making him soggy in the midsection. An athletic, 305 guy who looks 275 is just what the doctor ordered for this defense. We need guys in the middle. We should be extremely thankful that he does weigh that so he can compete inside for us.

Nobody is saying he's a model of discipline. We're only saying that he apparently got his house in order enough to get on campus and the staff is apparently pleased with what they are seeing based on reports. Now it's the offseason so it's pretty much all hype and puff pieces and rightly so. However, at this point we don't know if he'll suck or he'll get up to 340 and be the next Vince Wilfork.

Let me assure you our world isn't better with you ******* in our cheerios however.

Reactions: CycloneErik

NoJustice

Jul 20, 2013
Just so you know, this is troll behavior 101. Nobody is saying he is going to be all Big 12. People have repeatedly voiced concerns about the transition because we need him to be productive, including the publisher of this website.

However, every indication is that the weight he has put on isn't just making him soggy in the midsection. An athletic, 305 guy who looks 275 is just what the doctor ordered for this defense. We need guys in the middle. We should be extremely thankful that he does weigh that so he can compete inside for us.

Nobody is saying he's a model of discipline. We're only saying that he apparently got his house in order enough to get on campus and the staff is apparently pleased with what they are seeing based on reports. Now it's the offseason so it's pretty much all hype and puff pieces and rightly so. However, at this point we don't know if he'll suck or he'll get up to 340 and be the next Vince Wilfork.

Let me assure you our world isn't better with you ******* in our cheerios however.

It is a concern going in. Hypersensitivity won't do any good for anything. What good is it to be another cheerleader only. I could talk of the LB position as well. But this was the thread I wanted to comment on because I know a bit more about RC than his stat lines.

He is on campus. But it was not to be in the role he has been inserted into this early. He is not sloppy now. But he has gained nearly 100 pounds in a situation of being an active football player with the workout requirements of a collegiate player. Not to mention he was not brought to the team as a project DT that needed to put on weight. He was a RB and became a DL out of weight necessity. Not because that was the plan. Get it?

This is not troll 101. We all know what that truly is. This is being real 101 and pointing out facts. Which you find hard to deal with in your cereal bowl.

I hope it turns out great. But hope in one hand and wish in the other gets you exactly what the old adage says.

Sticking your head in the sand is for a different kind of bird. The coaches have the same concerns my friend. What would that make them? I think it makes them good coaches for seeing it for what it is and being proactive to get it fixed before you line up for real. This is not a cheerleader forum, it is about the football team. The good and the bad. Hopefully you wrap up your Cheerios nice and tight.

ChiefCy

Aug 4, 2008
I don't know why he had to go to IWCC in the first place, other than that he didn't qualify academically. I don't know the reason for that, which could be a great many things. Apparently, neither do you, and yet you are making suppositions beyond that fact.

Two years at a JC is plenty of time to establish a new trend. Some players struggle to get their degrees even after three years, plus a summer term. Rodney didn't. I'll give him credit for that.
Sometimes kids go JC because they are not getting offers from major colleges. So was Iowa the only one offering and now instead he signs with the good guys.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
It is a concern going in. Hypersensitivity won't do any good for anything. What good is it to be another cheerleader only. I could talk of the LB position as well. But this was the thread I wanted to comment on because I know a bit more about RC than his stat lines.

He is on campus. But it was not to be in the role he has been inserted into this early. He is not sloppy now. But he has gained nearly 100 pounds in a situation of being an active football player with the workout requirements of a collegiate player. Not to mention he was not brought to the team as a project DT that needed to put on weight. He was a RB and became a DL out of weight necessity. Not because that was the plan. Get it?

This is not troll 101. We all know what that truly is. This is being real 101 and pointing out facts. Which you find hard to deal with in your cereal bowl.

I hope it turns out great. But hope in one hand and wish in the other gets you exactly what the old adage says.

Sticking your head in the sand is for a different kind of bird. The coaches have the same concerns my friend. What would that make them? I think it makes them good coaches for seeing it for what it is and being proactive to get it fixed before you line up for real. This is not a cheerleader forum, it is about the football team. The good and the bad. Hopefully you wrap up your Cheerios nice and tight.
So he gained so much weight quickly that he is not ready for prime time?

ChickenWing

Dec 22, 2008
Des Moines
It would be so much more convenient if it were the case. Unfortunately it is not. I happen to have a base if knowledge on the subject as opposed to a fly by and why I even commented in the first place on this thread. The questions marks are there whether you want to ignore them to feel better or not.

Hey Collin - based on your posts about why you left ISU you clearly struggle relating to people that aren't "like you". That should work out well for you in life.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Sticking our head in the sand is not the same as working from the observable evidence that Rodney turned things around over those 2 years. in JUCO. That's all the evidence out there, so we're working from that.

So, being real 101 suggests that we look at actual evidence. As far as we know, he turned around and is good to go. The other version is to extrapolate problems that evidence argues against, which is an odd definition of real.

Reactions: Aclone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Being real 101 includes your own hypersensitivity and misrepresenting everyone else's position?

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Sometimes kids go JC because they are not getting offers from major colleges. So was Iowa the only one offering and now instead he signs with the good guys.

He had offers from Oklahoma, Auburn, Florida, Notre Dame, Oregon, etc. He was a big time recruit