Best Des Moines Restaurants?

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
I get 90% of my meat at B@B and your crazy if you think it is brown. It's the freshest you can get. They are cutting it off the cow as you order it. You must have had a bad day there. Also the have pepper cheese balls.

Must have. It literally looked like everything had been sitting out for over a week. I'm willing to give it another shot at some point, but it will take some time before my gag reflex has subsided.

ken

Dec 28, 2008
I highly recommend the Steak Deburgo at Sam and Gabes. Get the Bruschetta as an appetizer.

Hawkcigar

Oct 22, 2006
I'm going to make a note to try some of these places. Every time I come to the Des Moines area to visit friends in Urbandale, it's always Legends and/or Okoboji Bar and Grill. Underwhelming...

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Sorry...but that is your curse for settling for suburbia. Which is fine. However, if you're going to choose to live in the land of beige houses, strip malls, and chain restaurants, you can't expect to enjoy the variety found in a city. I liken' this to the single guy who leaves college and buys (or rents) a townhome in Ankeny and then ******* about the lack of night life.

I think you need to see someone about this topic. This is about the 10th time you've posted this on CF. Do you need to talk to someone?

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Sorry...but that is your curse for settling for suburbia. Which is fine. However, if you're going to choose to live in the land of beige houses, strip malls, and chain restaurants, you can't expect to enjoy the variety found in a city. I liken' this to the single guy who leaves college and buys (or rents) a townhome in Ankeny and then ******* about the lack of night life.

Blah, blah, blah. I love how some people treat downtown Des Moines like it's downtown Chicago or Manhattan. If settling for "suburbia" means living in a decent house in a nice neighborhood with plenty of shopping and eating options around me and laid back bars to go have a drink, I'll take it. You can have the overcrowded drunken idiot scene on Court Avenue. And if I want to go eat at one of the restaurants downtown, there's this thing called the Interstate that can get me there in less than 15 minutes

tplumm

Mar 3, 2010
Ankeny
A few of my favorites that I don't think were mentioned.

Steaks - Nicks Bar and Grill and Flemings.

Thai - Cool Basil

dukeebear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 30, 2006
Ames
Anybody ever been to Sam's Egg Roll in South Des Moines.... Best Chinese I have ever had..... everything is made fresh right in front of you...get the angry chicken and say hi to Cookie Monster

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Blah, blah, blah. I love how some people treat downtown Des Moines like it's downtown Chicago or Manhattan. If settling for "suburbia" means living in a decent house in a nice neighborhood with plenty of shopping and eating options around me and laid back bars to go have a drink, I'll take it. You can have the overcrowded drunken idiot scene on Court Avenue. And if I want to go eat at one of the restaurants downtown, there's this thing called the Interstate that can get me there in less than 15 minutes

Wow.:rolleyes: Who "treats" downtown DM like downtown Chicago or Manhatten and while you're at it, can you explain what that looks like? This is a new one to me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron