*** ASST. COACH SEARCH THREAD: Wed, June 10th ***

hoiballin33

Nov 7, 2014
@EvanDaniels: William Small is joining Steve Prohm at Iowa State. Small was lead recruiter on Cameron Payne at Murray State.

Recruited their 2 biggest names. Good addition to the staff.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Last edited:

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
Honestly, I wasn't aware of that. When was it posted? That's interesting, although I do know that the ops guys contracts were up on June 30. Likely is just a formality because of that.

Byers has been in Chicago for 2 weeks, and his family has all but moved out of Ankeny. Not saying he will be with the Bulls, but I do know he was looking around for other jobs a month ago, including back in FL.

HiltonSouth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2010
Kansas City
I had a buddy who applied to be the head football coach after Chizik bolted and you better believe that he got a formal rejection letter back from Pollard. ROFLOL!

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I got an email back from ISU saying that NCAA March Madness 2005 on Xbox could not be used as a replacement for recruiting experience.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I had a buddy who applied to be the head football coach after Chizik bolted and you better believe that he got a formal rejection letter back from Pollard. ROFLOL!

Guess they did not think he could win at least two games and beat UNI.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Byers has been in Chicago for 2 weeks, and his family has all but moved out of Ankeny. Not saying he will be with the Bulls, but I do know he was looking around for other jobs a month ago, including back in FL.

I'm not sure where you heard that but it isn't true. Micah has been in town running camps and his family is still in Ankeny. And if he was looking for jobs a month ago, I can't say I blame the guy for having a backup plan. I do know that he loves it here and wants to stay if possible.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
I got an email back from ISU saying that NCAA March Madness 2005 on Xbox could not be used as a replacement for recruiting experience.

What an outrage. It's a bear to sift through all those recruiting targets and assign recruiting points to each of your targets. What better experience is there than that?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I'm not sure where you heard that but it isn't true. Micah has been in town running camps and his family is still in Ankeny. And if he was looking for jobs a month ago, I can't say I blame the guy for having a backup plan. I do know that he loves it here and wants to stay if possible.
Thx, Fred.