*** ASST. COACH SEARCH THREAD: Wed, June 10th ***

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I hope this asst. situation isn't as stressful or frustrating for Prohm as it is for me having to read/think about it. Guess I'm just too soft-hearted when it comes to "he said-she said" stuff. Can't wait for this all to be behind us. Still don't think Rothstein had to take that agenda info and print it in that way. But that's just me.

It isn't.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Blows my mind why they post those job openings, and have them available for anyone to apply. I giggle thinking about Prohm sifting though random bum's resumes.

This is just a formality. I remember my buddy telling me about how they had many former players apply through Iowa State job site when they had HC posting up after Larry got fired.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
I hope this asst. situation isn't as stressful or frustrating for Prohm as it is for me having to read/think about it. Guess I'm just too soft-hearted when it comes to "he said-she said" stuff. Can't wait for this all to be behind us. Still don't think Rothstein had to take that agenda info and print it in that way. But that's just me.

If you are letting the assistant coach hiring stress you out, then you need to take some time away to de-stress. Worrying accomplishes nothing. It will not change the outcome one bit.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Here's one coach who won't be following Prohm. I'd expect the we should be learning the names he will have on staff soon though.

@GTuckerHoops: Matt McMahon has made his first hire at Murray State. He will retain assistant coach James Kane: http://t.co/zp0ZCQWTAv

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Here's one coach who won't be following Prohm. I'd expect the we should be learning the names he will have on staff soon though.

@GTuckerHoops: Matt McMahon has made his first hire at Murray State. He will retain assistant coach James Kane: http://t.co/zp0ZCQWTAv

Small seems to be the one getting mentioned, so I'm taking this as good news.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I bet we'll know a lot more 24-48 hours from now. Prohm hopefully is diversifying his staff in terms of who knows what regions/contacts ect.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
There are over 300 State employees that made over $300k and the vast majority do nothing while their TA's teach their classes at the U of I.
adjusted slightly

Blows my mind why they post those job openings, and have them available for anyone to apply. I giggle thinking about Prohm sifting though random bum's resumes.
They're required to post them publicly. Either a state law, affirmative action requirement, or both.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@JonRothstein: Steve Prohm will bring William Small to Iowa State as an assistant coach, sources told @CBSSports. Small was on staff at Murray State.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Here is my guess at what happens...

Otz (or Mann), Small and somebody from the outside (not on Prohm's previous staff or a current ISU staffer).

Sounding good for Micah Byars to keep his job as ops director, which is huge for continuity. The players absolutely adore him.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Here is my guess at what happens...

Otz (or Mann), Small and somebody from the outside (not on Prohm's previous staff or a current ISU staffer).

Sounding good for Micah Byars to keep his job as ops director, which is huge for continuity. The players absolutely adore him.

What do you make of the Operations Director position being posted to ISU's site? Just a formality or could we see Micah in a different role?