*** ASST. COACH SEARCH THREAD: Wed, June 10th ***

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Yep, I think that's exactly what I'll do. Do you not think it's dumb? Every other team in America right now has their assistants working on improving their program. One of ours is currently in Chicago working for the Bulls.
I really doubt he's still under contract. JP and everyone else know that Charlie is with the Bulls. Why would you want an assistant that isn't going to be in Ames next year recruiting?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Chew isn't happening from what I heard. If TJ is out, I wonder who is plan B/C for Prohm.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Isn't Charlie still under contract with ISU? Therefore, shouldn't he be working on ISU related business? If he isn't, then we shouldn't be paying him.

Weird. I was under the impression we hired Smal because Charlie is a Bull now. We didn't add Charlie in addition to Charlie, Otz, and Mann.

Cytaki

Feb 21, 2008
Nomad
If Chew and Otzelberger don't happen, which seems like the top two choices for Midwest and Juco ties I would say keep Cornell Mann for Midwest ties and Michigan and maybe look at former Indian Hills coach Barret Peery for his deep junior college ties.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Maybe he's just looking for a decent landing spot if things didn't work out with Prohm.

and maybe he is not comfortable staying here since he didn't get the job.

I never completely bought the "tj loves Iowa state so much, that's the only reason he came back story" but even if that was the reason, I can understand why he might not want to stay.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

I never completely bought the "tj loves Iowa state so much, that's the only reason he came back story" but even if that was the reason, I can understand why he might not want to stay.

That's quite the understatement jsb

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny

I think it has more to do with Allison loving it here and wanting to be back and raise her family here.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
From what I've heard, that was 'spin' too.

I'm sure it was mostly spin, and he was auditioning for the HC job at that point, but I'm sure there was some truth woven in as well.

Either way, I wish him the best of luck.

For all we know, he may be back some day as our HC if the stars aligned. Doubtful, but possible.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I think it has more to do with Allison loving it here and wanting to be back and raise her family here.

Believing things like that after Hoiberg is the exact real life manifestation of this gif.

giphy.gif

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
From what I've heard, that was 'spin' too.

The way some of you people judge our coaches and athletes makes me sick.

Alison is from Australia. TJ and have 6-month old twins. Do you know how hard it is to raise twins, especially when you are married to a basketball coach that travels a lot? She has support here. TJ spent nearly a decade here too. Central Iowa is home.

There is more to these HUMAN BEINGS than basketball.