2022 Football post mortem/looking forward

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
Now the whole Dekkers seeming to mentally fight between his reflexes and coaching makes sense, doesn't it?

Also, that is not just alarming, it is disturbing. If you can't trust a 3rd year player to audible, wow!
He might go away from the shotgun runs and short 2-4 yard passes, they couldn't have that!!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not the main takeaway here, but Hanika needs to be more involved. He made some really impressive plays this year pretty much any time he was called on.

I like him after the catch too. Seemed like there wasn't any sort of seam passes this year but I don't know what ISU's even trying to do.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007
You can’t get rid of Manning and keep Myers. That’s the definition of insanity. If only one goes it needs to be Myers.
Why? He had some accolades/awards a few years ago as the OL coach. He's got to be coaching those guys along with Myers. He's the OC. If not, it starts at the top.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Bruns is a program guy. Surprised to see him so outspoken.
Curious if there is more going on behind the scenes than we know.

I'd be surprised if there weren't fights at practice between O and D, or defensive players telling the offensive staff to get their stuff together.

Pretty obvious defense wasn't gonna risk injury today for nothing to gain.

I've never seen such a disparity between sides of the ball on any team.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Reactions: amishclone

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Bruns tweet makes me wonder...

Rocco can audible but Dekkers can't or won't. What could be going on there?

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Bruns tweet makes me wonder...

Rocco can audible but Dekkers can't or won't. What could be going on there?
Does Dekkers not have a great football IQ? I know some people have knocked him because he played lower level high school football and probably did not see any complex defenses.. I've seen people say they'd rather get a 3-star QB who played 6A high school ball in Texas than a 4-Star QB from lower-level play.

Reactions: CyBobby

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
When did he audible himself? Or does he mean he checked with the sideline?
That Bruns comments is pretty clear that he meant that Rocco did the audible all by himself. I don’t know if that really happened but I would trust Bruns knows what he is saying considering his background.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron