Cytown Update

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Ames is screwed by moronic residents.

Assuming the MOU isn’t perfect and it should be modified why are we letting a perfect solution stand in the way of a good solution.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Assuming the MOU isn’t perfect and it should be modified why are we letting a perfect solution stand in the way of a good solution.

This sentence tells you all you need to know about the writer:

Because the MOU does not adequately protect the city’s interest in preserving Iowa State Center as a viable statewide attraction, I recommend City Council either continue negotiations with ISU or allow the primary issue of contention to be referred to the relevant legal authorities.

At what point in the last 30 years has the City shown any interest in preserving ISC? Now it's suddenly an issue?

Also, the "former professor hates athletics" stereotype is strong with this one.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

Because the MOU does not adequately protect the city’s interest in preserving Iowa State Center as a viable statewide attraction, I recommend City Council either continue negotiations with ISU or allow the primary issue of contention to be referred to the relevant legal authorities.

At what point in the last 30 years has the City shown any interest in preserving ISC? Now it's suddenly an issue?

Also, the "former professor hates athletics" stereotype is strong with this one.

And the main point of CyTown is to make the Iowa State Center a viable statewide attraction. Ames doing Ames things. I am shocked that these dopes didn't class action Iowa State for using "Ames" on the helmets and shirts last fall.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
same ole same ole for Ames. I’ve lived here long enough to see lots of projects fail while things get done in other towns. Hopefully Sue doesn’t sidetrack/delay this project, but who knows. It is a bit galling considering Ames residents have never given a dime to this and have had multiple opportunities to vote on something.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

And the main point of CyTown is to make the Iowa State Center a viable statewide attraction. Ames doing Ames things. I am shocked that these dopes didn't class action Iowa State for using "Ames" on the helmets and shirts last fall.

One person's opinion is not a reflection of an entire community.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
same ole same ole for Ames. I’ve lived here long enough to see lots of projects fail while things get done in other towns. Hopefully Sue doesn’t sidetrack/delay this project, but who knows. It is a bit galling considering Ames residents have never given a dime to this and have had multiple opportunities to vote on something.

Taxpayer dollars helped pay for the feasibility study.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
One person's opinion is not a reflection of an entire community.

It's been a pretty standard take over the years -- The University is bad, unless the City sees an advantage.

Ames residents have voted down measures that would have:
(1) helped renovate Hilton, thereby bringing in outside business
(2) helped renovate Scheman, thereby bringing in outside business

And the first one wouldn't even have cost them a penny.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
People still mad we didn't build that mall that would be a wasteland by now.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
It's been a pretty standard take over the years -- The University is bad, unless the City sees an advantage.

Ames residents have voted down measures that would have:
(1) helped renovate Hilton, thereby bringing in outside business
(2) helped renovate Scheman, thereby bringing in outside business

And the first one wouldn't even have cost them a penny.

A new convention center is in the works!

Help Support Us

Become a patron