World-Herald ISU Article

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
No wristbands allowed?!? Are we really going to sweat these kinds of details? Will that make for a better football team and drive wins? Jeeze - a big red flag just went up for me on PR. I would prefer it if he made a bigger deal of "no arm tackling allowed" rather than no wristbands allowed. You have got to be kidding.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Ummm, it is called discipline, you start with the small stuff and eventually you have a team that is disciplined and together and listens to their coach.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
No wristbands allowed?!? Are we really going to sweat these kinds of details? Will that make for a better football team and drive wins? Jeeze - a big red flag just went up for me on PR. I would prefer it if he made a bigger deal of "no arm tackling allowed" rather than no wristbands allowed. You have got to be kidding.

Have you ever gotten a hand/finger caught in someone else's unnecessary accessories (jewelry, wristbands, watch band, etc.)? I've seen fingers get broken that way.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Sounds like you are sweating the small stuff about him sweating the small stuff. The writer needed filler and he found it. Wouldnt worry about it.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
wristbands ... like the yellow bands from Lance Armstrong? Or wristbands like sweatbands...

if the former, it makes sense. as stated earlier.. less chance of a broken finger and they distract. If the latter... I am not getting it.

-keep.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Hey, I'm all for discipline. I've just seen this movie before. You guys can continue to make excuses - I've seen that before too!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Hey, I'm all for discipline. I've just seen this movie before. You guys can continue to make excuses - I've seen that before too!

I didn't know that lining up helmets on the ground was equal to avoiding needless injury.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

wow. some people can never be happy. maybe theres a deeper reason behind that, besides just not liking arm and wristbands.

AustinCyclone

Nov 17, 2006
Austin, TX
I think this is just the first of many "little things" that promote the WE over ME attitude that this team needs. Accessories don't make the players look good, wins do.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I think this is just the first of many "little things" that promote the WE over ME attitude that this team needs. Accessories don't make the players look good, wins do.

Shh don't use logic and thinking behind the no wristbands, nobodybeatscy will get upset, because its such a bad thing for PR to do that.

mwoodley13

Apr 20, 2006

I disagree with you and I like this a lot. Why? Because it's a small and insignificant, pretty much like you said.

You take something like this, which nobody is likely to get really ticked off about, and use it to let guys know immediately who's in charge.

(and I'm pretty sure they didn't use up time on this which could have been used to address the arm tackling issue you speak of)

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
wow. some people can never be happy. maybe theres a deeper reason behind that, besides just not liking arm and wristbands.

yeah like maybe the fact that it promotes individuality, same as the name on the jersey does. or thats what my high school coaches said when i had a sweet yellow tinted oakley visor.

Reactions: CP44

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA

What have you had to be happy about in this program since you have been alive? Sure, there have been wins here and there, but conference championships? BCS bowls? That would make me happy. The "we're gonna hit you coming off of the bus" talk is nice, but the "wristbands are something 5th & 6th graders do" is a little underwhelming.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
What have you had to be happy about in this program since you have been alive? Sure, there have been wins here and there, but conference championships? BCS bowls? That would make me happy. The "we're gonna hit you coming off of the bus" talk is nice, but the "wristbands are something 5th & 6th graders do" is a little underwhelming.

Because we have been soo close to BCS bowls. Maybe lower your expectations for a few years. Are you going to complain about the no sweat pants rule too? I guess I don't understand why people have to criticize a coach for placing rules and setting up whos really in charge. I mean the season hasn't even started and you have had a red flag in the way PR does things. :confused:

mwoodley13

Apr 20, 2006

And seriously, I'm all for criticism of PR when he makes a mistake, but you do realize that you're criticizing him for not allowing players to wear wristbands, right? Seriously. Criticize the guy if he does a crappy job recruiting, does something over the line, or makes a poor gameday decision. That's all well and good. But wristbands? Seriously?!?!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron