YOU GUYS JUST DON'T GET IT

No wristbands = micro-manager
micro-manager = bad strategist

And since Paul Rhoads = No wristbands,
Paul Rhoads = bad strategist

WE ARE DOOMED :no::sad::sad::no::sad::sad::no::no::no:

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
The criticism is over sweating the small stuff, and you guys are the ones blowing that criticism out of proportion. All I said is that I wished the main takeaway from the first day was on fundamentals, not how extensively PR is going to micro-manage this team. The red flag I raised is that micro-managers are no good at strategy - and I would value that a lot more.

Seriously? Not allowing sweat pants and wristbands means that PR is no good at strategy? Holy ****, I've literally heard everything now.

Finally, I can quit the internet. :biglaugh:

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
This wristband situation probably took all of 10 seconds in practice. Some stupid reporter asked him about it after practice and that took all of 5 seconds to respond.

Does anyone think this is getting to be a little overblown?

Also, for our friends who think this is "micromanaging", is it really different than the coach deciding what color shoes they wear or if they get names on the back of their jerseys? Or is that micromanaging too?

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Ive been waiting for Rhoades to finally screw up like this.

I got a mortgage for my house back in '02. Got a steep cliff right behind it that overlooks a sea of glass tables and porcupines. Thanks to HCPR, I now have a reason to jump off that cliff. :jimlad:

Give me jimlad, or give me death!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
This wristband situation probably took all of 10 seconds in practice. Some stupid reporter asked him about it after practice and that took all of 5 seconds to respond.

Does anyone think this is getting to be a little overblown?

Also, for our friends who think this is "micromanaging", is it really different than the coach deciding what color shoes they wear or if they get names on the back of their jerseys? Or is that micromanaging too?

YES. I don't care that much, one way or the other. Every coach has their own little "tics", if you will. Rhoads isn't a fan of wrist bands. They serve little function and can be a safety hazard. It's just a stupid fashion trend, and he's putting the kabosh on it. If it says anything it's that he has little tolerance for silly bull ****.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
"I think that's something for sixth graders and fourth graders," Rhoads said. "I don't think wristbands do anything to make you a better football player, so we stripped that down early."

I LOVE THIS! I think it's GREAT! Make the kids act like men. How many guys do you see throw on a couple wrist bands at the Y and look like a complete idiot. This is great.

YOU SHOULD sweat the small stuff. It makes you a more disciplined team which makes you better. This is great. How come you're not criticizing the Yankees for making their players cut their hair and shave their face? This is great. Gets everyone on the same page and cuts out that pre-madonna B.S.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
And as far as I can tell... the only person who found something to **** and moan about was this NobodyBeatsCy guy.... He's obviously a minority... THANK GOD!

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Now if we could just get coaches around the country to come together on banning those stupid eye-black patches that guys use to pimp their area codes.

The best is the guys that wear them for night games. :biglaugh:

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Ones who just try to pick fights on message boards with fellow fans that are named NobodyBeatsCy..... yes.... I do have a problem with those minorities.

No, I'd say you have issues with others expressing their opinion. Good luck with that - I'm sure everyone else you will meet in life will agree with you.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
No, I'd say you have issues with others expressing their opinion. Good luck with that - I'm sure everyone else you will meet in life will agree with you.

I'd say just about everyone who has posted in this thread has an issue with your opinion on the matter... find something else to complain about... and no... I only have a problem with people who go around picking fights on message boards... them and Hawkeye fans...

Help Support Us

Become a patron