World-Herald ISU Article

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I'd say just about everyone who has posted in this thread has an issue with your opinion on the matter... find something else to complain about... and no... I only have a problem with people who go around picking fights on message boards... them and Hawkeye fans...

Gotcha - In that case, I'll just get these cardinal and gold blinders back on...Oh yeah - That's much better :dull:

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
No, I'd say you have issues with others expressing their opinion. Good luck with that - I'm sure everyone else you will meet in life will agree with you.

May I reiterate? Holy crap dude, holy crap.

You got all excited about something that wasn't exciting in the least, used it to express your pessimism concerning the football team and the coaching staff, and have been called on it. Give up the fight for legitimacy, man, and just retreat before you lose the war of dignity.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina

You got all excited about something that wasn't exciting in the least, used it to express your pessimism concerning the football team and the coaching staff, and have been called on it. Give up the fight for legitimacy, man, and just retreat before you lose the war of dignity.

He's already lost that also...

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA

NEVER! :wink:

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
In watching the PR interview session yesterday, I almost missed wristband comment... I love the passion he shows when talking about our team! And my feelings were hurt by the wristband-ban: as a rockin' guitar player, the wristband kept my sweaty arm from sticking to my axe! :biggrin: But I see how they won't make you a better FB player (I was never any good and switched to CC in HS.)

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
The refs at the iball games told me to take off my wristband during the games. Why? because its a health risk. Those things are made of rubber, and have caused many a broken finger. Dude! you need to calm down. Everyone else doesn't think it's a big deal, which it isn't. He is doing what he thinks is right for the team. It seems to me that you are just a pessimist and look for anything and everything to nit pick

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
YOU SHOULD sweat the small stuff. It makes you a more disciplined team which makes you better. This is great. How come you're not criticizing the Yankees for making their players cut their hair and shave their face? This is great. Gets everyone on the same page and cuts out that pre-madonna B.S.

lol, it's prima donna, dude. :wink:

cybirdie

May 25, 2006
I think this is just the first of many "little things" that promote the WE over ME attitude that this team needs. Accessories don't make the players look good, wins do.

What about the large I in our new logo I state, never made to much sense to me either... That's something I would rid the university of but hey we have the genius to thank for that slip up. Thanks JP, dumb-arse!

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
No wristbands allowed?!? Are we really going to sweat these kinds of details? Will that make for a better football team and drive wins? Jeeze - a big red flag just went up for me on PR. I would prefer it if he made a bigger deal of "no arm tackling allowed" rather than no wristbands allowed. You have got to be kidding.

The program that doesn't get blue chip recruits and that doesn't have Texas, California, and Florida in it's back yard MUST rely on the details, however small, to get them by. Dress and grooming standards promote uniformity which in turn promotes unit cohesion which promotes winning. It will make a better football TEAM.

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
What have you had to be happy about in this program since you have been alive? Sure, there have been wins here and there, but conference championships? BCS bowls? That would make me happy. The "we're gonna hit you coming off of the bus" talk is nice, but the "wristbands are something 5th & 6th graders do" is a little underwhelming.

I can't believe your still talking about wristbands. Isen't that being a lil 6th gradeish?:jimlad: