What’s going at Casey’s?

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
It depends on the people who work there. Many of the small town Casey’s are pretty good, probably because there aren’t as many job options. In larger areas it seems like they are often times scraping the bottom of the barrel for employees. Might have to up there pay/incentives.
I wouldn't say they might need to up their pay, they definitely need to do so. You generally get what you pay for, and I think that's a primary reason why Kwik Star customer service blows Casey's away. That, plus the fact there are several Kwik Star staff on duty each shift compared to only 1-3 Casey's staff.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone87

ISU1991

Sep 30, 2017
Trash cans at the pump are always full, windshield wash at the pumps are almost always empty when you need to clean your windshield, no receipt paper after you pump your gas and need a receipt for expenses, bathrooms are disgusting and no paper towels and trash is full. I live in Waukee and it's really dropped of and I travel a lot and try to use them since they are an Iowa based company and they are almost all this way. Disappointed in their new leadership they brought in!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Kwik Star employees are psychotic robots, I hate going there even though I think they have decent products. Casey's depend highly on the area they are in for quality of service. Nice are, nice Casey's.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
It's funny the customer service training these different companies provide.

Chick-fil-A: "My pleasure"​
Kwik Star: "See you next time"​
McDonalds: "Welcome back to McDonalds. May I take your order."​
Casey's: "Next."​

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I had a buddy work there (Casey's) for a while not long ago. He said you better know who's cooking if you're eating the food!
gross.

• Informative
Reactions: BACyclone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Kwik Star employees are psychotic robots, I hate going there even though I think they have decent products. Casey's depend highly on the area they are in for quality of service. Nice are, nice Casey's.

Psychotic robots?

ISU1991

Sep 30, 2017
Our dog loves their ice cream and my wife would get it for him almost weekly and it's been broke at the University store in Waukee for 3 weeks at least with an out of order sign on it. My wife asked the manager who was on duty a few weeks ago when they thought it would be fixed and he said it's not broke and the employees are to lazy to clean and fill it so it was easier to put the sign up because he can't do everything. Another thing is employees will prop their phones up against the cash register drawer and text while they are ringing you up and wear their air buds listening to music.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
I think the Kwik Stars are nice, but I wonder how they're able to pay their overhead. The places are huge, and the inventory has to be significantly more than Casey's. If they have more employees at higher wages, that's more expense. I hope they have guys with sharp pencils figuring all that out. I don't have any complaints about our local Casey's other than their card readers weren't working at the pumps for a while.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
It's funny the customer service training these different companies provide.

Chick-fil-A: "My pleasure"​
Kwik Star: "See you next time"​
McDonalds: "Welcome back to McDonalds. May I take your order."​
Casey's: "Next."​
You get Next at Casey’s ?

here they cough and hack up a lung then wipe theirs nose and give the change.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
What a bunch of haters!

They are just gas stations guys.

Anything to not have to to talk about football.

I'm going up for a raspberry cheese flip and a roto-slice right now just to spite yall.

Reactions: isufbcurt

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Some years ago there used to be some type of gas station/convenience store either in Grinnell or near there, along the interstate, named Juice and Junk. Or maybe Juice & Junk. I never stopped so can't share employee stories.

• Informative
Reactions: BACyclone

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I had that once this summer too.

Casey's food has never been subpar to me. The issue is that it's availability is totally unpredictable, and the stores are always so poorly run that just going to one is unpleasant at this point.

This is the problem. The availability and quality are so different from store to store. The two closest to me about a mile apart are wildly different. One always has fresh pizza and doesnt skimp on everything, the other one always has a slice or two thats been sitting there for an hour.

Reactions: exCYtable