*** Official IOWA STATE vs #23 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We need to remember there is a difference between being irrational and being disappointed. Irrational thoughts, when acted upon, actually make us look like the fan bases we often times make fun of when they experience disappointments.

the worse this gets the less rational people start looking smarter.

what’s irrational at this point?

Cyfanisu

Mar 31, 2019
Just checking in to see if people are finally on board with firing this bum at the end of this year, financials be damned.

I can barely watch this **** at this point. Next year I wont even do that if this ******** keeps going.
We are not renewing our season tickets for next year. It’s so depressing to watch them get blown out over and over. A far cry from the exciting days of watching ranked ISU teams high octane offenses and only loose 1 game/year at Hilton .

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Really? A "nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, good bye" chant? Didn't this team just play in the NC game last year? And they're chanting this at us, a middling, trending toward lower conference opponent?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
When does the mercy rule kick in?
200.webp

• Funny
Reactions: CloneFan4

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
They also brought in a couple top-100 guys and have a few more in the pipeline.

I think it's pretty obvious that Beard and his staff are well above average, probably top-15 or top-10 in the country. If that's our baseline, I don't know if we'll ever be happy without either a ton of luck or a ton of money hiring.

I mean, we did have it and our current coach has blown that up.

We shouldn’t have mediocre standards.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
This week we went on the road to #2 ranked team and #23 ranked team who played for the national championship last season. The vast majority of teams in the nation would have gone 0-2, so that's not all that upsetting. Just wish we could be even an average shooting team. If you can't make shots, even a great defensive team will eventually cave in. Not faulting their effort.
Going 0-2 this week is not the issue. How they've gone 0-2 this week, and how they have learned nothing and shown absolutely no improvement is the issue.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone listening to the announcers saying how Tech lost about everything from last year and reloaded? 10 newcomers.

That’s where our program should be and was at.

Kind of blows up the narrative around here that some have on why we can’t be good. The lame excuse that we “lost so much.”

Tech knew going in that they were losing so much. They were able to recruit knowing there was spots open. ISU lost a couple guys (mostly THT) that were not known. Hard to recruit when the guy decides during or after the season that he's leaving.

Also, most of the guys that filled TTU's holes were already on the team. Again, something that can be done when replacing upperclassmen.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Had enough. Gonna watch the movie Judy with the wife. I hear Rene Zellweger was really good.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Really? A "nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, good bye" chant? Didn't this team just play in the NC game last year? And they're chanting this at us, a middling, trending toward lower conference opponent?

Well they restled my jimmies!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Just checking in to see if people are finally on board with firing this bum at the end of this year, financials be damned.

I can barely watch this **** at this point. Next year I wont even do that if this ******** keeps going.

Yes. He is clearly not the man to lead our program. He has taken it down several levels already.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
You are actually correct here. When you denigrate people that is not appropriate. It is possible that you can say that we are not good shooters or don't have the same skill level as the other team without saying that they suck. It is unlikely that many people here understand this basic rule. If you wouldn't (or couldn't) say it to their face, you likely shouldn't say it at all. This may not be comprehensible to many here, but it is the way it should be.
This team sucks and are poorly coached. I hope that wasn’t too harsh for you precious.

Ps “wouldn’t (or couldn’t) say it to their face? So like if you are scared (or a mute)?

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyched