*** Official IOWA STATE vs #23 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This team really makes me miss Naz, Christopherson, and Tyrus.
I have honestly never seen so many basketball players at this level that just can’t shoot a basketball. Also, why do we keep recruiting guys that can’t shoot?

The question is does Prohm know what he's recruiting to? Like, what needs is he trying to fill, or he just getting dudes that can rim run?

• Agree
Reactions: UNIclonefan

Carnegie

Jul 10, 2019
20 turnovers and 2-20 from 3pt. I guess Steve's pink shirt and purple tie did not bring him luck this time. "We just weren't ready to play in the second half." Bottom feeder program in B12 for sure.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
it is easy money betting against ISU on the road against ranked teams. I don’t understand the lines for the last two games but it’s literally the easiest, no brainer wages I’ve ever made betting on sports

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
13% 3 point shooting is not going to win any games. Well, more accurately, 3-22 is not going to win any games.

2 for 21 before the last shot, so that is 9.5%. I could probably do that with my back to the basket.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Tech knew going in that they were losing so much. They were able to recruit knowing there was spots open. ISU lost a couple guys (mostly THT) that were not known. Hard to recruit when the guy decides during or after the season that he's leaving.

Also, most of the guys that filled TTU's holes were already on the team. Again, something that can be done when replacing upperclassmen.
I find this hard to believe anymore. THT was asking what he has to do to be a 1 and done.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Good for you. Pretty impressive you can watch our school logo continually get embarrassed game in and game out and you feel it is fun. Such a great fan you are.
I guess I have been around long enough that EVERYONE has down times. We are in one of those down times. The difference between you and me is I am unhappy about the results, but I won't stoop to calling my people names. If we need a new coach, we'll get one, If we need better players, we'll get them, but while these people are representing me, I will not embarrass myself by not supporting them and anonymously lobbing bombs at them.

There is a difference between being disappointing and wanting more and being a crybaby that throws tantrums and calls out everyone else like they are doing it to make their life worse on purpose.

Grow the heck up.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Don’t be dumb. Tech has only 1 or 2 people from that squad.

I'm asking if it's easier to recruit/reload to a team that's coming off of title game run.

But yeah, Beard seems to know what he wants and the players are able to do it for the most part.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I mean, we did have it and our current coach has blown that up.

We shouldn’t have mediocre standards.
You think Hoiberg was on the level Beard was? Hoiberg was good, but Beard is a damn-near miracle worker with how quickly he brought TT to relevance with absolutely nothing to work with. No inheritance, no history, nothing. He's been one of the best in the game the last couple years.

We can find good coaching, sure, but Beard has been far beyond good.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Jackson hits two meaningless 3's at the end to get our 3 point percentage up to 13%. I wonder if we have a shot at setting an NCAA record for lowest 3 point percentage.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
The question is does Prohm know what he's recruiting to? Like, what needs is he trying to fill, or he just getting dudes that can rim run?

well we are horrible at shooting but we didn’t really go after a shooter this last recruiting cycle did we? I mean Dubar isn’t known as a knock down three point shooter is he?