*** Official IOWA STATE vs #23 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I hate that I did this, but I changed the channel once TT made it 64-40. This ISU team is just lost, coaching is horrible this season, and the players have given up. Even the McDoormat teams didn’t look as lost as this. It’s such a shame what’s happened to our once respected basketball team.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
This team really makes me miss Naz, Christopherson, and Tyrus.
I have honestly never seen so many basketball players at this level that just can’t shoot a basketball. Also, why do we keep recruiting guys that can’t shoot?

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Good for you. Pretty impressive you can watch our school logo continually get embarrassed game in and game out and you feel it is fun. Such a great fan you are.

Exactly this. Why is it so hard for anyone to accept that fans don’t want to see this mediocre, trash team represent our school? Fans should always strive for the best teams and results possible. You’re allowed to criticize your team. Not every fan wants to be a “blind “homer type fan.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Remember everyone, don’t say anything negative about the team or their coach. We don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings
You are actually correct here. When you denigrate people that is not appropriate. It is possible that you can say that we are not good shooters or don't have the same skill level as the other team without saying that they suck. It is unlikely that many people here understand this basic rule. If you wouldn't (or couldn't) say it to their face, you likely shouldn't say it at all. This may not be comprehensible to many here, but it is the way it should be.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
This week we went on the road to #2 ranked team and #23 ranked team who played for the national championship last season. The vast majority of teams in the nation would have gone 0-2, so that's not all that upsetting. Just wish we could be even an average shooting team. If you can't make shots, even a great defensive team will eventually cave in. Not faulting their effort.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Steven is in his 5th season and will have 2 last place league finishes. That is 40% of the time we will be DFL. Who gets to keep their job with multiple DFL’s under their belt? Damn last years extension was dumb as eating cat ****.
Cat Stevens is a very nice man.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Not the point. Don’t be dumb. Tech has only 1 or 2 people from that squad.
They also brought in a couple top-100 guys and have a few more in the pipeline.

I think it's pretty obvious that Beard and his staff are well above average, probably top-15 or top-10 in the country. If that's our baseline, I don't know if we'll ever be happy without either a ton of luck or a ton of money hiring.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron