*** Official Missouri VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Watching Jacobson tonight, he's as good as Solomon on D (not quite as strong but his positioning is good) and offers so much more on offense. I agree that he could be a nice complement to Lard, assuming the other 3 keep the ball moving. The 4-out,1-in look worked pretty well because you have 4 guys that can all shoot and drive.
You could tell Jacobson was getting under Tillman's skin. He was just out working him. Reminds me a bit of Ejim. Relentless

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I don’t want a Bobby Knight and I understand pollard wants congenial coaches, but imho prohm is way to soft. If I was Sharon I’d be pissed that prohm told me to go straight up when it was an obviously terrible foul. Have a little passion

200.gif

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I can't tell yet if we're just semi stacked this year or Missouri is just not very good... Will be really interesting once Lard, Young, Talley, and now Wiggington are all back...

I think that's your answer. That's a lot of talent sitting out and we demolished a power 5 team. That ain't easy in a normal setting, much less with players like that sitting out.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I have literally never been impressed with Talley's game or for that matter Young's game. Let the freshman play. They are more talented (just teach Conditt how to screen without getting reffed).
Talley has a little bit if Clyburn in him. Kind of a slashing wing.
I still like Young quite a bit. He scraps down low a lot. People can come away not thinking much about him but hes a guy that doesnt look concerned about filling up the stat sheet. Hes out there to help us win.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Talley has a little bit if Clyburn in him. Kind of a slashing wing.
I still like Young quite a bit. He scraps down low a lot. People can come away not thinking much about him but hes a guy that doesnt look concerned about filling up the stat sheet. Hes out there to help us win.

Let's not forget that the team was absolutely floundering two years ago until Young was put into the lineup. Screens, rebounds, defensive positioning -- those types of things don't stuff stat sheets but they're part of winning hoops.

The big thing missing for Talley last year was a consistent shot. But I do like his ability to play several positions and handle the ball as well as he does for a 6-7 guy. The big thing missing for him this year is ... him.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Young is a very, very solid player. Not flashy, but solid. Outworks people. Lunch pail guy. A guy you need on that wall.

Talley is very good as well. I think some of the commentary is due to the fact that we were trying to make him into a deep threat last year (because we needed him to be that) and that's not who he is. He's an extremely versatile guy that can play 1-4. Not your star, but a guy that will get buckets because of the attention you have to give the stars.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Not sure if people already complained about this, but holy traffic last night. Coming from Easter Lake in DSM it took an hour and a half to get there and get parked.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Im most excited about the possibilities of THT once he's unleashed on the offensive side, he seems to be just a spot up shooter right now. I like the movement we have so far but its going to take time for guys to find their spot and how to exploit mismatches, its going to be a fun year.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Young is a very, very solid player. Not flashy, but solid. Outworks people. Lunch pail guy. A guy you need on that wall.

Talley is very good as well. I think some of the commentary is due to the fact that we were trying to make him into a deep threat last year (because we needed him to be that) and that's not who he is. He's an extremely versatile guy that can play 1-4. Not your star, but a guy that will get buckets because of the attention you have to give the stars.

Talley had 3 or 4 really good games in the last month last year. Now, granted they were probably loses but there's no doubt he has a chance to contribute.