*** Official Missouri VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I kind of assumed that Haliburton wouldn't get a lot of PT this year. Defense, court awareness, shooting -- all are better than I imagined. He barely came out of that game.

The pairing with Nick in the backcourt was quite effective (8 assists and no turnovers).

Nick had 6 ASST and no TO's -- hmm. Who does that remind me of?

Someone who's doing similar things in the NBA but didn't win an award for best PG in the country.

Yeah, still bitter.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
That was one of the first signature wins for Johnny Orr's team. I think Lefty Moore helped lift them to a win over a Top 25 K-State team the year before. Those two were big building blocks to gaining some national respect. Getting over-looked talent in Ronnie Harris and Hornacek really helped the Clones start to compete.

After he finished his eligibility, Ronnie "All Big 8 Defense" Harris was still in Ames and I found him guarding me in a pick-up game at Beyer. I hit the first two shots of the game and then he decided that I wouldn't touch the ball for the next hour ...

My 1st pick-up game with Ron, I set up in the lane to stop his drive. His knee knocked the wind out of me as he dunked over me, landed stradle, looked down and said “No charges in pick-up white-boy!”

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Haliburton has been a find. He's going to stay in the roation even with everyone healthy.

Does he start? I think he looks really important to have on the court.

Also, with Lard back, does Jacobson go to the 4 or was that the plan all along? His versatility is impressive.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I kind of assumed that Haliburton wouldn't get a lot of PT this year. Defense, court awareness, shooting -- all are better than I imagined. He barely came out of that game.

The pairing with Nick in the backcourt was quite effective (8 assists and no turnovers).

Nick Babb last year

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
My 1st pick-up game with Ron, I set up in the lane to stop his drive. His knee knocked the wind out of me as he dunked over me, landed stradle, looked down and said “No charges in pick-up white-boy!”

The courts at Beyer were so narrow that it was hard to get open without a lot of screens. But I never tried to take a charge on him.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Played all 40 minutes! Who saw that coming. :eek:

Hell, if anyone on CF said Haliburton would play 40 minutes and we would win going away I'd have been pretty damn impressed with their prognostication skill set.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Played all 40 minutes! Who saw that coming. :eek: Hell, if any one on CF said Haliburton would play 40 minutes and we would win going away I'd have been pretty damn impressed with their prognostication skill set.
Wow. I was thinking he came out late in the 2nd. He was terrific; so poised. Gets his hands on a lot of balls.

Reactions: ComCY

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016

He didn't come out of the game, hah. Pretty sure he was 40 minutes on the stat sheet.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
CYCLONES WIN!!!!

2k2dge.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron