*** Official Missouri VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Apparently Mediacom subscribers in Missouri were able to watch this game on their MC22.

• Informative
Reactions: cycloneG

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My ISU education continues - nice to learn that Fran was checking the game out. With all the games he broadcasts, it's amazing to think he goes to even more games on the road. I plucked these from his Twitter account:

Side note - I LOVE Halliburton's twitter handle!

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So RP's article in the rag today says NWB 'decided' to come back this year and it's fortunate for the team?

Was there ever any indication that he was gonna do something else or is RP just cementing himself further as a POS?

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
So RP's article in the rag today says NWB 'decided' to come back this year and it's fortunate for the team?

Was there ever any indication that he was gonna do something else or is RP just cementing himself further as a POS?

I think Randy knows some stuff. There were some rumors he was leaving at the end of last year. He was playing through that knee pain on a losing team and that probably really sucked.

That knee issue last year is why Randy asked him about playing so many minutes. Hopefully he’s healthy now.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I think Randy knows some stuff. There were some rumors he was leaving at the end of last year. He was playing through that knee pain on a losing team and that probably really sucked.

That knee issue last year is why Randy asked him about playing so many minutes. Hopefully he’s healthy now.
I think Randy P likes to try to make readers think he has a lot of inside information, when in fact he doesn’t

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I also heard that he (1.) did not get along with Wigginton or, at least, (2.) did not want to give up being the primary PG if Prohm offered that to Lindell.

I am glad they mutually sucked up whatever differences. I think Nick is going to stay the PG, too... He is just too good at it, Lindell is simply just a undersized SG. The kid is incredible, 99th percentile at scoring, but his handle and court vision still need a ton of work.

Sucks for his NBA chances, though.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I also heard that he (1.) did not get along with Wigginton or, at least, (2.) did not want to give up being the primary PG if Prohm offered that to Lindell.

I am glad they mutually sucked up whatever differences. I think Nick is going to stay the PG, too... He is just too good at it, Lindell is simply just a undersized SG. The kid is incredible, 99th percentile at scoring, but his handle and court vision still need a ton of work.

Sucks for his NBA chances, though.

I understand NWB wanting to be the PG and thinking about leaving. Makes since for any Sr. to consider it. I don't think his role has changed he's a starting combo guard and will split duties with Lindell once he reenters the lineup.

The assessment that Lindell is "simply just an undersized SG" is inaccurate and seems quite harsh to LW. The statement assumes LW had no improvement in the handle and court vision over the summer and better complimentary players around him this year to show it. He came to ISU specifically to play the PG and get to the league. That is his and Prohm's goal and I don't see that changing after one game.

Lindell is only going to get better if he plays and gets experience at PG and I am confident he will be the the starting PG once he is healthy and succeed. Wigginton and Prohm are very invested in getting him into the NBA as a PG will give him the opportunity to show it. He'll be the PG.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I understand NWB wanting to be the PG and thinking about leaving. Makes since for any Sr. to consider it. I don't think his role has changed he's a starting combo guard and will split duties with Lindell once he reenters the lineup.

The assessment that Lindell is "simply just an undersized SG" is inaccurate and seems quite harsh to LW. The statement assumes LW had no improvement in the handle and court vision over the summer and better complimentary players around him this year to show it. He came to ISU specifically to play the PG and get to the league. That is his and Prohm's goal and I don't see that changing after one game.

Lindell is only going to get better if he plays and gets experience at PG and I am confident he will be the the starting PG once he is healthy and succeed. Wigginton and Prohm are very invested in getting him into the NBA as a PG will give him the opportunity to show it. He'll be the PG.

I agree with most of this. If I could rephrase my statement...

Nick and Lindell are obviously both good players, and I agree with you that LW and Prohm have a goal to get him into the NBA as a PG.

His size requires him to go into the NBA advertised as a PG.

Right now, however, with the limited data we have on this season but what we remember from last year, the optimal situation is simply this...

Nick plays PG
Lindell worries about scoring off-ball

Nick has a slightly better handle and vision, and he is not quite as good as a shooter. They are similar going to the rack, but Lindell is a better shooter and better at creating for himself one-on-one and breaking somebody down if needed.

The comparative advantage argument, and the argument to win games right now, says that Nick should be the primary PG with Lindell the secondary one.