*** Official Missouri VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
About as good as we could've hoped for. Still a lot to be desired on offense, especially the slow start and FT's, but still made shots when we needed.

Defense and rebounding was stellar considering our personnel situation.

Favorite snippet from the postgame show:

Heft: "You know you guys forced 25 turnovers tonight?"
Talen: "Seriously?"

Feeling a lot better about the time until the rest of the guys are back. Return those 4 and we've got a pretty formidable bench.

Reactions: Sigmapolis
D

Deleted member 8507

I don’t want a Bobby Knight and I understand pollard wants congenial coaches, but imho prohm is way to soft. If I was Sharon I’d be pissed that prohm told me to go straight up when it was an obviously terrible foul. Have a little passion
I believe "Sharon" is supposed to be Shayok.

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Randy Pete; "Nick you just played great and were trusted with 39 minutes due to your over whelming ability to make this team player better as a unit, is this like ' oh boy here we go again?'"

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
My takeaways:

1. NWB is the most important player to this team
2. Having Haliburton and NWB on the floor at the same time is fun to watch, the ball just keeps moving the right guy. It kind of shows that Lindell is a 2. He's great but he's a 2.
3. This team will be one the deepest in recent ISU history. NWB, Shayok and Wiggs will start for sure, that means out of Jacobson, Young, Lard, THT and Tyrese, 3 will come off the bench.
4. Terrence Lewis is the 7th or 8th best player on a team with 4 guys sitting out. That says more about the other guys than him. This team is stacked.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Randy Pete; "Nick you just played great and were trusted with 39 minutes due to your over whelming ability to make this team player better as a unit, is this like ' oh boy here we go again?'"

“Yes Randy, I hate basketball and hate playing it. I transferred here to sit on the bench and now I’m playing the whole game, it’s a nightmare”

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I can't tell yet if we're just semi stacked this year or Missouri is just not very good... Will be really interesting once Lard, Young, Talley, and now Wiggington are all back...

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Does he start? I think he looks really important to have on the court.

Also, with Lard back, does Jacobson go to the 4 or was that the plan all along? His versatility is impressive.
I think when fully healthy will see Jacobsen and Lard out there alot. Imagine what Lard can do when we pull Jacobson from the rim. I think Solo will back up lard and Talley backs up Jacobson .

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I think when fully healthy will see Jacobsen and Lard out there alot. Imagine what Lard can do when we pull Jacobson from the rim. I think Solo will back up lard and Talley backs up Jacobson .
Watching Jacobson tonight, he's as good as Solomon on D (not quite as strong but his positioning is good) and offers so much more on offense. I agree that he could be a nice complement to Lard, assuming the other 3 keep the ball moving. The 4-out,1-in look worked pretty well because you have 4 guys that can all shoot and drive.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
I can't tell yet if we're just semi stacked this year or Missouri is just not very good... Will be really interesting once Lard, Young, Talley, and now Wiggington are all back...

I have literally never been impressed with Talley's game or for that matter Young's game. Let the freshman play. They are more talented (just teach Conditt how to screen without getting reffed).