Kansas chose to be Team USA in 2015 World University Games

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Looks like KU is in elite company... The only other school ever selected to represent the US was UNI... If KU doesn't win the whole thing they probably don't deserve to play in the XII this year.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
They were chosen or chose to be? I could see how you would say that the mighty KU would choose whether to do it or not, and since I'm not about to open the link to see... congrats to you guys.
Press conference is this afternoon but it sounds like they were chosen to be.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Yep, but this isn't a good thing for anyone or anything not named Kansas. Your OP is saying its a good thing, which is why it belongs on a KU board.
So that's the criteria for posting in this area? Maybe you need to put in a formal complaint. It doesn't appear that anyone else has been following your rules.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Dear Bill,

I'd highly recommend a day trip to scenic North Korea while you are there. Your players can perform some public service over. Maybe give out some bibles or western movies.

Signed,
Rest of Big XII

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
That's just crap. Take away opportunities for other program's players while providing that additional practice benefit for Kansas. Absolute crap.
You should probably blame Aaron White, the kid from Iowa that was on the 2013 team that got 9th. It's his fault that Team USA looked to KU to pull the team out of the gutter. McDermott too since his son was on the team.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
You should probably blame Aaron White, the kid from Iowa that was on the 2013 team that got 9th. It's his fault that Team USA looked to KU to pull the team out of the gutter. McDermott too since his son was on the team.

No, I'll blame the decision makers on this one. Something like this should just be a cut-and-dried "NO" from the NCAA, but Kansas makes them money. I guess that makes it good.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
So Kansas Basketball is representing the whole US? Sheesh, don't we have a big enough problem with the rest of the world thinking we're arrogant pri**s?!?!?!

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
This may in fact be the only time I don't root for "Team USA". Stupid. Maybe Naz will play for Canada. I'll root for them.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I guarantee they won't make it past the 2nd or 3rd round...won't have Big 12 refs or be playing in Homer Fieldhouse.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Dear Bill,

I'd highly recommend a day trip to scenic North Korea while you are there. Your players can perform some public service over. Maybe give out some bibles or western movies.

Signed,
Rest of Big XII

I bet they could even get a guided tour from Dennis Rodman...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron