Kansas chose to be Team USA in 2015 World University Games

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I thought The Mighty Ducks 2 was unrealistic because there was no way the "best of America" all came from one team in the middle of nowhere in the Midwest. I guess not. :/

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
You should probably blame Aaron White, the kid from Iowa that was on the 2013 team that got 9th. It's his fault that Team USA looked to KU to pull the team out of the gutter. McDermott too since his son was on the team.

The only other time they sent a team was in 2007 when Northern Iowa went. They also finished 9th.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
So Kansas Basketball is representing the whole US? Sheesh, don't we have a big enough problem with the rest of the world thinking we're arrogant pri**s?!?!?!

I was just going to post how fitting it was. The rest of the world considers us arrogant ******, so why not send the best representative of that.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
No, I'll blame the decision makers on this one. Something like this should just be a cut-and-dried "NO" from the NCAA, but Kansas makes them money. I guess that makes it good.

Man, with all this NCAA money, they are gonna run out of places to hide it sooner or later to make sure its still nonprofit status.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
Great, so Team USA gets to lose to 9 seed Turkistan in the second round

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I thought The Mighty Ducks 2 was unrealistic because there was no way the "best of America" all came from one team in the middle of nowhere in the Midwest. I guess not. :/

ummmm....in Mighty Ducks 2 they got kids from all over the nation to play on the team?

The cowboy from Texas, Knuckle-puck kid was from LA I think, Luis Mendoza, etc were not from MSP.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
ummmm....in Mighty Ducks 2 they got kids from all over the nation to play on the team?

The cowboy from Texas, Knuckle-puck kid was from LA I think, Luis Mendoza, etc were not from MSP.
How dare you forget Julie "The Cat" Gaffney. If she doesn't stop Gunner Stahl's triple deke we would all be eating the Icelandic equivalent of a cheeseburger.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Yes, it is. But what you did by posting that was equivalent to coming on here and saying "Look how big my weiner is. Aren't you jealous?"
What I did was post something newsworthy about a member of the Big 12. If you take it that way then perhaps you simply have some Freudian issue with weiner sizes.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I don't have a problem with KU getting this opportunity. If that's what the decision makers wanted, that's fine. It will be a great opportunity for the team, and it would be something Fred would sign the team up for in a second if he could. What I do have a problem with is that Tuco is a complete tool, and I don't get how that tool isn't banned yet. Tuco, I assume you won't be posting any pictures of Hoiberg's kids crying in this thread?