***Official What Bowl Are We Going To Thread***

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
also, if the Big 12 had a championship game, if we made it we would likely play the same team 3 times in 18 months, so not really a valid argument. Post-season football is good for the team, players, etc.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think it's a solid option, although the rematch does kind of stink. I like a bowl with some history.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Who would have ever thought a day would come when Northern Illinois would be playing in the Orange Bowl and ISU still never has. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and mumble, mumble, mumble.

That's what I was thinking a bit ago. A directional school makes it to the Orange Bowl before we do. We had a chance once and blew the last game that would have put us into it.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I watched Vandy play last year in the Liberty Bowl and vowed never to return to Memphis, ****.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Who is the second team at Shreveport. i HOPE THEY ANNOUNCE THAT SOON SO WE WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
As I've been saying, we have no right to complain about what bowl we go to. 6-6 and 9th in a 10 team conference doesn't get you to a good bowl, and it shouldn't. If we wanted better, we should have played better.

It stinks to play the same team 3 times in 2 years, but Memphis is 10 times better than Detroit or Shreveport would have been.

Beale Street in Memphis on New Year's Eve isn't too shabby really.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

fixed

So you beat a #25 team, lose to Iowa, barely beat Kansas, play no other good teams all season...Orange Bowl

What a god awful postseason system we have. NIU gets screwed with no bowl at 10-2 one year, then get gifted an orange bowl for losing to Iowa and beating nobody a few years later.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
and niu has an absolute machine at qb who is doing things NEVER DONE BEFORE stats wise, if all we care about is offensive stats

also, according to sagarin lt's sos was #109 while niu's was #127 so dont kid yourself about la tech playing a much better schedule

that said, la tech outscored their opposition by ~150 pts this year while niu outscored theirs by ~280 pts

its pretty obvious which team was more dominant against their terrible schedules
la Tech by 7+

When you finish 9th in the conference you get what you get. Could be worse.

It's another chance to watch ISU football.
That has nothing to do with it. Would ISU finishing 7-5 have helped OU go to a BCS game? There were many hoping that ISU would be an at large rather than go to HoD. The Liberty Bowl is fine. The Big 12 getting snubbed is what is bs.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
As I've been saying, we have no right to complain about what bowl we go to. 6-6 and 9th in a 10 team conference doesn't get you to a good bowl, and it shouldn't. If we wanted better, we should have played better.

It stinks to play the same team 3 times in 2 years, but Memphis is 10 times better than Detroit or Shreveport would have been.

Beale Street in Memphis on New Year's Eve isn't too shabby really.
What he said Beale Street is freaking awesome

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Can we cancel our rematch next fall with tulsa now? Surely one of these barely div-1 teams that the WAC is dragging up from FCS might want to come take a paycheck in ames.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
People here complain about a bowl game in NYC, they complain about Shreveport and Memphis...

At least the Clones get to play again this year.

6-6 year after year is going to take a toll on our fan traveling reputation.