***Official What Bowl Are We Going To Thread***

ISUfan1992

Jun 11, 2012
Boone IA
hey the tweets are coming in from football players and they seem excited about it. so that means as fans we have to stand behind out team! lets go cyclones and beat Tulsa again!

cyspy

Jul 24, 2011
The lack of a conference championship game didn't hurt the Big 12 because KSU probably would've played Oklahoma and the loser of that game would have been eliminated anyway.

TheSammo

Nov 23, 2012
I've been following this thread for dozens of pages and haven't seen the source of all this assuredness that we are going to Memphis. The Liberty Bowl website says "Tulsa" but doesn't say Iowa State. ESPN.com still doesn't list it.

Why are we all sure it's Memphis now?

cloneluke80

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
I've been following this thread for dozens of pages and haven't seen the source of all this assuredness that we are going to Memphis. The Liberty Bowl website says "Tulsa" but doesn't say Iowa State. ESPN.com still doesn't list it.

jake knott just tweeted it, so it shall be true

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown

The players all say we're going to Memphis

Deon Broomfield ‏@iBroomy
Memphis it is! #BeatTulsaAgain

Josh Lenz ‏@Josh_Lenz
Memphis here we come!

Jake Knott ‏@Jknott20
Liberty Bowl it is! #Memphis

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
People here complain about a bowl game in NYC, they complain about Shreveport and Memphis...

At least the Clones get to play again this year.

6-6 year after year is going to take a toll on our fan traveling reputation.

For the record, as a pretty big complainer about NYC... im making plans on going to memphis. Its not necessarily the same people complaining.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
hey the tweets are coming in from football players and they seem excited about it. so that means as fans we have to stand behind out team! lets go cyclones and beat Tulsa again!

Psshh, they where excited for the Pinstripe Bowl. What do they know? :jimlad:

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
1972 ISU Liberty Bowl team's record: 5-5-1
2012 ISU Liberty Bowl team's record: 6-6

Hopefully, it's not as close as the '72 game where ISU lost to Georgia Tech 31-30...

As I recall, the invitation in '72 was made and accepted before our last 3-4 games were played. After accepting, we promptly lost them all.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I actually think at this point in the PR rebuidling the practices are much more important than the destination, or opponet. Really doesn't even matter if we win, just need the extra development.
Don't kid yourself, a win against a Big 10 team in Dallas because the conference got an extra 6.5 million with a second BCS bowl would have done more for the rebuilding. It is not like the Liberty Bowl is the only one you get practices for.

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I have been to Memphis many times. It is ok, not great. Good place to party and get drunk if you want that. Great food though. Rendevous is really top notch barbq. It is better than Shreveport for a day or two. I think the destiantion would be fine, and Tulsa would be fine if we hadn't played them already.

But like so many others have said, don't come out flat and choke against an inferior WV team and you probably don't have this problem.

I actually think at this point in the PR rebuidling the practices are much more important than the destination, or opponet. Really doesn't even matter if we win, just need the extra development.

Some positive points: 1. It gives Sam Richardson some more experience. 2. The proceeds go to benefit St. Judes Hospital for Children which is a great thing.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Some positive points: 1. It gives Sam Richardson some more experience. 2. The proceeds go to benefit St. Judes Hospital for Children which is a great thing.

3. Another chance to play against the team that ISU opens against next season. (This may suck for a bowl that is a rematch but I think it's a good chance to know a non-conference opponent for next season)

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
3. Another chance to play against the team that ISU opens against next season. (This may suck for a bowl that is a rematch but I think it's a good chance to know a non-conference opponent for next season)

Good point. I'll try to think of a #4 positive about this bowl game.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron