Worst hosing by referees in ISU history?

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I was stationed in California when that happened, and the sports radio guys in Sacramento were talking about it. I remember one of them saying that if he were coaching, he would have pulled his team off the floor until the officials took the points off the board.

This is absolutely what Wayne should have done. Take the forfeit if that's the only option given, but that was the time to make a stand against the home-town cooking that KU always gets there.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
This is absolutely what Wayne should have done. Take the forfeit if that's the only option given, but that was the time to make a stand against the home-town cooking that KU always gets there.

How the hell was that ever explained anyway, and didnt' ISU end up losing that game in overtime?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Do your eyes a favor, don't. It's harder on your eyes than our pass defense last season in football was.

I was stationed in California when that happened, and the sports radio guys in Sacramento were talking about it. I remember one of them saying that if he were coaching, he would have pulled his team off the floor until the officials took the points off the board.

I was living in rural Nebraska, and checking in on scores via the Interweb. It blows my mind that it happened, and that I can't find a video for it.

On the other hand, I didn't end up seeing much of our pass defense last year, so my eyes are well-rested and ready for the shock and awe of this video, wherever it exists.

Reactions: IcSyU

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
The only explanation that was ever offered, that I can recall, was that once points are put on the board, they cannot be removed.

This is, of course, BS, as they change 3 pointers to 2 pointers after replay all the time.

Wow, that's pretty bogus. Maybe Iowa State should try that this year when Kansas comes to Hilton. Hell, everyone should try it.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The worst single instance is the three pointer between free throws by Kansas.

If you add the gravity of the situation it's the MSU EE game.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
Its obvious the Michigan St. hose job nothing more at all Im still ****** we were hosed a final 4 chance by 3 dip***** f em no question end of story
Well, two of them anyways. At least one had the charge/block call correct not that it matters now...

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Kansas hitting a 3 pointer off the first missed free throw after a 2 shot foul. Then we got to shoot the 2nd one and they still kept their 3 on the board. Then we go to OT when Langford nails a 3 at the end to tie, his foot is clearly over the line. Then 2 bad calls in OT. This game was in Morgan's 1st year, if we dont get hosed we might have made the tourney.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Here's a couple...

Cameron Dollar push off on Holloway '97 tourny.

Traveling call vs. KU in Big 8 title game. Someone refresh my nightmare... was it in '84 or '86? Wasn't the call against Tompkins?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
1.) Kansas free throw/3ptr raping by the officials

2.) FB at Mizzou when Chase Daniels came in as a Freshman.

3.) Sam Hill travel in Big 8 Championship

4.) Elite 8 game

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
The correct answer is Kansas 3 pointer. We've had some unfortunate calls, many of which could've had a huge impact on ISU history. But the only call that was flat-out, 100%, indisputably wrong is the Kansas call. They admitted as such after the game and did absolutely nothing about it. And every time I think about it to this day, it makes my blood boil.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The correct answer is Kansas 3 pointer. We've had some unfortunate calls, many of which could've had a huge impact on ISU history. But the only call that was flat-out, 100%, indisputably wrong is the Kansas call. They admitted as such after the game and did absolutely nothing about it. And every time I think about it to this day, it makes my blood boil.

Can't believe there's no video.............

Does LeBron have it?

Reactions: JHudd