Worst hosing by referees in ISU history?

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Wondering what the biggest screwjob we've gotten from refs has ever been. There have been a lot in basketball, but personally I think the #1 hosing was Seneca Wallace's touchdown against Florida State. Keeping in mind not just how bad the call was but also what it cost us, what does everyone think?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
My first three thoughts are already posted.

Only other thing that comes to mind is the Kansas basketball debauchery.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Once, and only once - IMO - have the Clones been truly hosed. The regional final versus Michigan State for a Final Four berth. I could argue a couple of other times - but I'm biased. The MSU game, every major publication in the US said the same thing - except the Detroit Free Press. It was beyond demoralizing, it was humilating.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
How about the OU basketball game last year....wait i think i just saw the ref miss another Blake Griffin travel :jimlad:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Its obvious the Michigan St. hose job nothing more at all Im still ****** we were hosed a final 4 chance by 3 dip***** f em no question end of story

Reactions: Haverhill

akellar

Nov 28, 2008
Stuart, IA
Obviously the MSU game is the answer although I would like to add the 3 pt basket by Kansas in between our FT's a few years ago and the 4 time outs Nebraska was able to call in the 1st half of a home game without penalty. Neither of these had as much of a season outcome as the MSU game but were important to that game itself.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I realize that officials are a very easy target but it'd be much easier to blame our players for each of the times you guys are talking about. If we would have showed up in the first half of the Florida State game for instance refs would have never come into play. I have no idea why its ok to be complete dicks to officials but nowhere else is it acceptable to treat people that way. I spent the last week reffing basketball camp and it is ridiculous that coaches can continually ridicule officials for calls while officials cannot judge coaches. Hardest job there is.

Mowilly

May 21, 2008
Capp Timm Field
The MSU game will always hurt the most and is likely number one to me.

The Arkansas FB game in 1974 @Arkansas was a close second. On the game winning play by the Hogs, there were clearly 12 men on the field and it was obvious so obvious. The next day, TV and the DSM Register Big Peach all showed the same thing.

Arkansas FB at that time was equivilent to Texas now. (Frank Broyles was the coach)

Reactions: mj4cy

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
2nd half and OT of the 2005 Nebraska game was as bad as our pass D the same game. Or the Austin Flynn TD noncatch in 2006 Nebraska game at home not the worst I can think of but only ones not mentioned yet.

Clonebydesign

Jul 21, 2009
Ames
It has to be ISU vs. MSU. That game hurt where it counts. The KU basketball game with the magical three pointers (between our free throws) was just blatantly poor officiating. Those refs needed reprimanded if they weren’t. Then I’d have to say the FSU football game. We came at them like a wave and got kicked in the nards big time, at least it was somewhat questionable…I guess. Then I'd have to go with any other time we've ever lost any athletic event or scholastic challenge..........oh yeah were not iowa (notice the disrespectful lower case i)

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I still can't find a video for that one. I read about it the very next day, but I've never been able to see the carnage.

I was stationed in California when that happened, and the sports radio guys in Sacramento were talking about it. I remember one of them saying that if he were coaching, he would have pulled his team off the floor until the officials took the points off the board.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron