Ben breaks down how to get to the NCAA Championships

I know that the forums tend to be filled with many genius wrestling minds but for those who have joined us here as casual and new fans, Ben broke down what to watch for in terms of how the guys can qualify for the NCAA Championships from a simple win inside the allocations and what happens if you don't!

We are also doing a joint weight-by-weight breakdown that will go out tomorrow AM :)

Stats in W's vs L's

I don't think many will find the overall stats of this that shocking...maybe some will. We are all aware that if Brockington and Hunter are the only ones scoring we lose. But I was curious what our ppg in Hilton was for Big 12 vs away. PPG neutral and non con away. What record was home and away when GGK (Gabe, Grill, Kunc) were scoring or not. Results below...

Summary is (again probably not too shocking just trying to show data) we need to be hitting at least 8 threes as a team and GGK needs to get a combined 25 or more for us to win. It's really about that simple. If those three are all off...we're toast which we knew.

Home was not great for GGK as you'll see with the stats.

And while it's a three game data point all from the non-con, away and neutral we play our best. Highest PPG, best 3 point % as a team, GGK with over 28 ppg.

Bolded stats are shocking to me...

PPG at Hilton vs Big 12 = 63 ppg
PPG away Big 12 games - 62 ppg
Neutral/Away non-con games = 75 ppg (only three games but noticeable)

Home game Big 12 losses stats:
  • 21 total team threes in 5 losses (that's unreal)
  • 21-104 from three for 20%
  • GGK stats = 21-94 FG shooting for 22%
  • GGK = 12 ppg total
Home game Big 12 wins stats:
  • 35 total team threes in 4 wins
  • 35-72 from three for 49%
  • GGK stats = 38-70 for 54%
  • GGK = 31 ppg total
Away Big 12 losses stats:
  • 28 total team threes in 5 losses
  • 28-101 from three for 28%
  • GGK stats = 28-81 FG shooting for 34%
  • GGK = 14 ppg total
Away Big 12 wins stats:
  • 27 total team threes in 3 wins
  • 27-67 from three for 40%
  • GGK stats = 21-53 FG shooting for 40%
  • GGK = 21 ppg total
Netural/Away wins stats:
  • 24 total team threes in 3 wins
  • 24-50 from three for 48%
  • GGK stats = 27-46 FG shooting for 59%
  • GGK = 28 ppg total

7 seed in KC here we come...

We lost this.

We'll lose Saturday (big)

And if KSU beats OU at home (which they will) we are the 7 seed in KC.

We deserve any big drop in the seeds and metrics we get. This was disgustingly awful and embarrassing.

Gonna be 20-12 headed to the NCAAs. I kind of hope they drop us to a 10 but we for sure are gonna be a 9 seed. I'd bet on it. And I cannot imagine playing a 1 seed and what they'll do to us.

CFTV from today's availability

Here's video from today's media availability!

SO I have somehow used up all my phone space so there's a weird drop in the middle of my video of Dresser so I am so sorry for that but you didn't miss too much!

Reaction Time Episode 8 & Brackets

Hey friends!

Episode 8 with Kyven Gadson -

Plus official Big 12 brackets -

FS-2 LL All-Session Tix for Big12 MBB

Unfortunately, some personal issues have caused us to have to cancel our KC trip next week. We had purchased 2 lower level all-session tickets from the Sprint Center back in December. Tickets are in section 122, Row 26 - really good seats. If a Cyclone fan can use them, I only want to get back what I paid for them - $400 each / $800 total. This will get you into every game for the entire week/weekend. I will be able to transfer the tickets electronically. If interested text me at 614-832-8469. Very disappointed we can't go - was really looking forward to having the women's tournament back in town again!

Interesting Purdy Article in Athletic

The Athletic had an interesting article on Brock this morning. Apparently, he was working out with Tom Gormely of Tork Sports Performance in St. Augustine, FL prior to the Combine. The interesting aspect is that this facility is primarily geared towards MLB pitchers as their clientele. So Brock is doing a lot of arm exercises to train him to keep proper care of his arm and shoulder, just like MLB pitchers that can get "dead arm".

It is not necessarily about arm strength (but some of it obviously is), so please keep the negative comments to a minimum.

Brock still feels he has a "chip on his shoulder" and plans to play in the NFL for a "long time". Here's to hoping he can have a career like Chase Daniels. $38.9 million in career earnings as a backup that sees little to no action.

Not going to post link as we all know it is paysite, and many people hate it. :D

Cyclone Regional Training Center

Time to donate. I joined today.
I know we are going to add Ian Parker to the CRTC this year.
With the transfer market and NIL, I think a little extra incentive by the CRTC is always a nice option.
Team is a top 5 in dual rankings, lets keep it going.

This link takes you to the donor tree and link

*** Official Oklahoma State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

oklahoma-state.png vs site.png

Oklahoma State (13-15 overall (6-10 Big 12)
VS IOWA STATE (20-9 overall (7-9 Big 12)
WEDNESDAY MARCH 2ND 6:00 P.M. CT
HILTON COLISEUM / AMES, IA

TV: ESPN+
Talent: Ted Emrich, pxp Bryndon Manzer, analyst

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network (Varsity Network)
Talent: John Walters, pxp Eric Heft, analyst

On That Note: All of My Senses

Welcome back to “On That Note,” CF’s weekly go-to for music exploration, hosted by @MeanDean, @CycloneRulzzz and cyclones500. I’m your host for this segment.

This time around, we seek songs with TITLES that include any of the main/traditional 5 senses: Sight, sound, smell, taste and touch (and versions of those words, e.g. “touching.”) Also accepted, forms of see, hear and feel (variations include seeing, heard, feeling, saw).

REPEAT: It MUST be part of the title. Lyrics alone don't count. If anyone violates this rule, you will be punished. :)
He's a start-up song, to see our way into the theme.

Login to view embedded media
  • Winner
Reactions: Cydar and drlove

Filter