Interesting Purdy Article in Athletic

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
The Athletic had an interesting article on Brock this morning. Apparently, he was working out with Tom Gormely of Tork Sports Performance in St. Augustine, FL prior to the Combine. The interesting aspect is that this facility is primarily geared towards MLB pitchers as their clientele. So Brock is doing a lot of arm exercises to train him to keep proper care of his arm and shoulder, just like MLB pitchers that can get "dead arm".

It is not necessarily about arm strength (but some of it obviously is), so please keep the negative comments to a minimum.

Brock still feels he has a "chip on his shoulder" and plans to play in the NFL for a "long time". Here's to hoping he can have a career like Chase Daniels. $38.9 million in career earnings as a backup that sees little to no action.

Not going to post link as we all know it is paysite, and many people hate it. :D

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The Athletic had an interesting article on Brock this morning. Apparently, he was working out with Tom Gormely of Tork Sports Performance in St. Augustine, FL prior to the Combine. The interesting aspect is that this facility is primarily geared towards MLB pitchers as their clientele. So Brock is doing a lot of arm exercises to train him to keep proper care of his arm and shoulder, just like MLB pitchers that can get "dead arm".

It is not necessarily about arm strength (but some of it obviously is), so please keep the negative comments to a minimum.

Brock still feels he has a "chip on his shoulder" and plans to play in the NFL for a "long time". Here's to hoping he can have a career like Chase Daniels. $38.9 million in career earnings as a backup that sees little to no action.

Not going to post link as we all know it is paysite, and many people hate it. :D
I'm betting this is a connection his dad had during his pro baseball pitching days.

Reactions: tyrelrobert

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I subscribe to TA and read the article as well.

Also in my feed was an article by Stuart Mandel titled future Big XII still a power conference?

I didn’t give him my click to read it. Following CW’s interview and his constant nose thumbing (plus no gratitude for a gift of booze) of the BXII, he can EABD and I will not be renewing my subscription this summer.

Oh and BTW; get off my lawn!!!

Reactions: CnG

1238576073jb

Jul 4, 2021
I subscribe to TA and read the article as well.

Also in my feed was an article by Stuart Mandel titled future Big XII still a power conference?

I didn’t give him my click to read it. Following CW’s interview and his constant nose thumbing (plus no gratitude for a gift of booze) of the BXII, he can EABD and I will not be renewing my subscription this summer.

Oh and BTW; get off my lawn!!!
Obvs, some of their coverage is lacking & uneven, but I'm here for the longform & they publish some of the best longform - we'll see what happens as the NYT get their fingers into the business...

(it is annoying that they publish all their different NCAAF podcast series thru the same feed instead of individually)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Obvs, some of their coverage is lacking & uneven, but I'm here for the longform & they publish some of the best longform - we'll see what happens as the NYT get their fingers into the business...

(it is annoying that they publish all their different NCAAF podcast series thru the same feed instead of individually)
I never subscribed for the Cyclone content. Hopefully our program continues to ascend so they assign a best writer for a perennial top ten team.

Their Vikings and Cardinals coverage is what made it worth the (sale) price for me.