Georges Niang Content

If you are anything like me, you enjoy watching a little recent content from the previous week or so leading up to the next game. Maybe some highlights, interviews or recaps. Maybe even a full-game replay! This is difficult to do when the Cyclones are on a three game skid. So instead, maybe you will enjoy this relatively recent Georges content like I did. Enjoy! (short clips at the top, longer content further down)

Login to view embedded media
https://youtu.be/92LJMJXK9vk

https://youtu.be/WJPWzRrk0c8

***Missouri Valley College Open (Saturday)***

Missouri Valley College Open
Saturday, Feb. 4 | 9 a.m.
Marshall, Mo.

VIDEO: FLO
STATS: TrackWrestling

Iowa State entrants (all unattached):
141 - Hrabovsky, Woodley
157 - Huddleston, Monroe, Stanek
165 - Cade Schmidt
174 - Carter Schmidt
184 - Helgeson
197 - Udell
285 - Bruening, Cates

Others of interest:
149 - Echemendia
174 - Crespo
285 - Schon (again registered as fully unattached)

Missouri is the only other D-1 team attending -- unless you count Lindenwood, who's in the process of reclassifying from D-2.

***#12 Iowa State vs. Baylor (Saturday, 5:00)***

Who: No. 12 Iowa State (15-5, 7-3 Big 12) vs. Baylor (15-6, 7-3 Big 12)
Where: Hilton Coliseum – Ames, Iowa
When: Saturday, Feb. 4, 2023 – 5 p.m.
***GOLD RULES GAME***

BUY TICKETS

The Links
WATCH: ESPNU or ESPN+
PxP: John Brickley
Analyst: Brooke Weisbrod

LISTEN: Cyclone Radio Network – Varsity App or Radio Affiliates
PxP: Noah Wolf
Analyst: Jamie Steyer Johnson

STATS: LIVE STATS

IOWA STATE GAME NOTES (PDF) | BAYLOR GAME NOTES (PDF)

PROJECTED STARTERS
IOWA STATEBAYLOR
F - 31 Kane (6-3 SR*); 4.7 ppg, 4.1 rpgF - 51 Bickle (6-1 GR); 11.5 ppg, 7.7 rpg
G/F - 24 Joens (6-1 SR); 20.0 ppg, 9.3 rpgG/F - 5 Littlepage-Buggs (6-1 FR); 9.9 ppg, 9.0 rpg
G - 3 Fritz (5-11 FR); 7.9 ppg, 4.2 rpgG - 10 Owens (5-8 SR); 8.7 ppg, 5.6 apg, 2.0 spg
G - 21 Donarski (6-0 JR); 12.4 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 3.2 apgG - 21 Asberry (5-5 GR); 10.9 ppg, 2.5 rpg
G - 11 Ryan (5-11 JR); 11.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 6.9 apgG - 24 Andrews (5-6 JR); 16.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.5 apg

BIG 12 WEEKEND SCHEDULE
Saturday, Feb. 4
1:00 (ESPN+) - Oklahoma State (5-5) at TCU (0-10)
2:00 (ESPN+) - West Virginia (5-4) at Oklahoma (7-3)
4:00 (ESPN+) - Texas (8-2) at Kansas (4-5)
5:00 (ESPNU) - Baylor (6-3) at Iowa State (7-3)

Sunday, Feb. 5
1:00 (ESPNU) - Kansas State (3-7) at Texas Tech (3-6)

2023 Season Tickets

I received the notification that season ticket renewals are due. My wife and I retired and moved back to Ames in the summer of 2021 and have purchased season tickets to FB, MBB, and WBB the last two years. The FB season tickets next year remain $599 even though the number of games has dropped to 6 from 7. Is this usual? It seems odd since Iowa and Nebraska have recently lowered their season ticket prices and are below ours. They both also have 7 home games. I’ll buy the tickets, but I wondered what others thought about this and whether our pricing is rational.

MBB WBB crossover

If you've got season MBB tkts check your email the A.D. is giving G.A. tkts to the WBB game at 5 against Baylor. Chance to see all american Ashley Joens. I already have mine redistributed and put to use since I've got WBB tkts also.

Went back and checked the email if you've got a mens tkt you've got a womens tkt. Lets have a good turn out to cheer the ladies on in BEATING the Bears.
Reactions: AlaCyclone

2/3/23- Jordan Day

I had no idea this was a thing, but the ACC Network is replaying old UNC games today from when Jordan was there. I caught the end of UNC-KU and now it's UNC- Wake Forest from 1983. There are a few things I remembered from back then and a few I didn't.

UNC was ridiculously loaded, with Jordan, Sam Perkins and Brad Dougherty all in the starting lineup.
The ACC was experimenting with a 18' three point line and a 30 second shot clock until the last 4 minutes of the game in league play
How did I used to watch games without a game clock and score graphic?
**** Vitale used to be a good color analyst back when he just called the game and didn't yell OH....OHHHHHHH, DIAPER DANDY, and SLAM BAM JAM all the time. You can barely recognize that it's him.
The announcers in the Kansas game called him Mike Jordan. That's the only time I've ever heard him called that.
The band at WF plays while the ball is in play
Shorts were short
Jordan was good.

Friday OT #2 - Moby ****, or The Great Whale

Thanks to @Joe4Cy for this topic!

“What's a movie you can't stand that is otherwise universally loved and considered great?”

I don’t want to steal his answer, so I will post my own. I don’t get the adoration for Caddyshack, The Blues Brothers, and some of the films of that era.

I mean, I can watch them. They are not like pulling out my fingernails. But I am usually thinking the whole time, “People have tattoos from THIS?”

Friday OT #1 - On An Island In the Sun

Thanks to @Farnsworth for this one! I think this may have been our first ever Friday off topic theme 11 years or so ago, because it is a question our friends group discussed often.

If you had to pick one artist or group’s catalog to listen to for the rest of your life (desert island style), who would it be?

I know the next question is going to be asking if it can include the solo Works of all members of the group. Like, if you choose the Beatles, can you also incorporate the individual solo albums of each of them.

No. But. You can pick, say, George Harrison, and that would include his solo stuff AND anything he played in with the Beatles or Traveling Wilburys, etc.

Filter