Wow! Curtis Hall Room 127!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It looks nice, however I would miss the old room as it had a nice old school college feel. Psych 230 was a great class to nap in the upperdeck, or just catch up on reading the daily.

Spring '04? I sat right where that picture was taken from during Psych 230.

I think I had 3 or 4 consecutive semesters w/classes in that room.

CrossCyed said:
As have I. Best environment for a nap? College of Design with professors that dimmed the lights.

I was always fairly alert in that auditorium. Don't know why.

My best naps were in old Lebaron hall. Those seats were heavily padded, and my class there was right after lunch. Perfect combo.

Last edited:

CONEClone

Dec 16, 2009
Ames
I had Soc 134 there Spring '08...or was it '09...anyway it was a great place to take a nap with ISU's biggest ******* professor...Krier. Oh boy do I hate that guy. Something about proclaiming in class that God doesn't exist and calling all of those who believed in God incompetent seemed to strike a nerve with me...

Last edited:

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Spring '04? I sat right where that picture was taken from during Psych 230.

Wow good memory. It was Spring '04 when I had it too, just remembered based on where I lived in Friley and who our sister floor was. I sat right in the middle of the upperdeck. However I rarely went to class. IIRC there were back to back classes right around lunch time. We would meet up with a group of people we knew walking back toward Friley from the first session to see if there was a pop quiz or not to determine if we had to go. Even then you didn't really need to go, test were easy and you could make it all up by doing experiments.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Wow good memory. It was Spring '04 when I had it too, just remembered based on where I lived in Friley and who our sister floor was. I sat right in the middle of the upperdeck. However I rarely went to class. IIRC there were back to back classes right around lunch time. We would meet up with a group of people we knew walking back toward Friley from the first session to see if there was a pop quiz or not to determine if we had to go. Even then you didn't really need to go, test were easy and you could make it all up by doing experiments.

Yeah, I knew it was my freshman year, and was pretty sure it was 2nd semester, so that narrowed it down a lot.

I went to most of the classes. I actually didn't skip a ton of classes in undergrad. I found that if I went, and even if I didn't pay any attention, I'd do better than if I didn't go.

I usually just popped my head phones and caught up on homework, or slept.

clone26

Jan 30, 2009
DSM
www.explorethemetro.com
I took a lot of naps in that upper deck. I probably haven't had a class there since spring of '05, but it didn't look like that at all.

I was just thinking this. It was so easy to nap up there during zoology, Psych 230 and Soc 134. And that stairway to the right made for a quick and easy escape route. Also, I had classes in there in 2006 and it didn't look like this.

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I was just thinking this. It was so easy to nap up there during zoology, Psych 230 and Soc 134. And that stairway to the right made for a quick and easy escape route. Also, I had classes in there in 2006 and it didn't look like this.

I definitely made use of that stairway when the prof was looking the other way a few times.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

Psych 230 ftw. I played a lot of ipod games in there.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Wow, that used to be the easiest auditorium to cheat in!

Not that I'd know anything about that.
Still is....not that I'd know of course.
I had Soc 134 there Spring '08...or was it '09...anyway it was a great place to take a nap with ISU's biggest ******* professor...Krier. Oh boy do I hate that guy. Something about proclaiming in class that God doesn't exist and calling all of those who believed in God incompetent seemed to strike a nerve with me...
Same class, fall '07. Krier is a scumbag in premodernity, modernity, and post-modernity.
Psych 230 ftw. I played a lot of ipod games in there.
Sudoku? Does iPod have math games?

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Still is....not that I'd know of course.

Same class, fall '07. Krier is a scumbag in premodernity, modernity, and post-modernity.

Sudoku? Does iPod have math games?

Dude, old iPod, not that I expect a 17 year old like you to understand. :twitcy:

It's was just Brick and games like that. Maybe now you have more number oriented games on the new iPods? Mine is still from 2006.